How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
Post Reply
Vik351
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Location: Adelaide SA

How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:22 pm

All roads lead to Coomera...Qld

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Adelaid ... 846439!3e0

Any clues to the best road up there you learned folk...???

Dr Google says got down through Murray Bridge way then up ...???

Last time I went to Qld I went the Broken Hill way, both ways meet up at Moree anyway...

I wonder if the Hill way would have a bit less traffic...??? but more roos...??? but the Hay plains is bad too...!!!

Dont wanna smash up the Luxo Barge on it's way for sale...!!!

Cant flog it in Deadalaide so off to Coomera :cry:

Which way did Dotters go ...??? up the guts wasnt it, Alice etc...???

I'm all ears to road conditions you folk...

vik... :P :)
Iveco #2 @ Espie 50C170 B7944 and a T1 Litho Solar Conversion...

User avatar
BruceS
Site Admin
Posts: 7667
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Mannum, SA, 5238

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by BruceS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 am

Very little difference Vik.
It really depends on a few things.
Biggest thing is dependent on how sure your vehicle is reliable.
Broken Hill is the quietest way & can be very lonely & a very long way for any emergency help. (Ambo / tow truck etc)
The busiest way is straight out through Gawler, across the Riverland to Hay & up to West Wylong & then up the Newell Hwy.
The next quietest way with minimal traffic is out the Freeway towards Melb till just past Tailem Bend & then out thru Pinnaroo, Tooleybuc, comes out near Balranald, then Hay & same as above one.
I used to be in transport & I took either Broken Hill or Tooleybuc ways. Hated the idiot traffic between Mildura & Gawler.
Broken Hill way I used to turn off thru Nevertire, Warren, Collie & come out at Gilgandra.
There is a huge motorhome sellers yard up near Gympie. They seem to shift quite a few.
Are you flying home Vik?
*******************
BruceS
Mannum, SA

********************

Vik351
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Location: Adelaide SA

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks Bruce...

Was thinkin the hill way, did it 40 odd years ago and we are creatures of habit ... :D

The Luxo Barge should make me thinks, only 3 K on the clock :twisted:

Gunna hafta fly home I spose cos the bloke I'm floggin the Espie to is gunna build me "MY Model"

Cant find what I want ,havent got what I want,so make what I want...!!!

Has dotters got room in da bus, hitch a lift home with them ya reckon, then I can lay an egg in her dunny, pay back...!!! :twisted:

vik... :lol:
Iveco #2 @ Espie 50C170 B7944 and a T1 Litho Solar Conversion...

User avatar
T1 Terry
Posts: 9146
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:44 pm
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River
Contact:

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by T1 Terry » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm

I would avoid the Pinaroo way and go via Mildura etc. Even though Google says it's quicker, it isn't, the road is in poor condition with lots of bouncing from the Tailem Bend turn off through to about Euston, lots of windy bits and the rail crossing are now down to 60km/h.
We did the Hay turn off and up through West Wylong etc, long boring road but not to bad condition for the majority of it.
we saw roos but they were smart enough to stay off the road and we were driving at night and that is the worst time for them so .....

T1 Terry
Success isn't measured by who laughs with you
or those laughing at you, it's who gets the last laugh

No one, however smart, however well educated, however experienced,
is the suppository of all wisdom - Tony Abbott

Vik351
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Location: Adelaide SA

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:15 pm

T1 Terry wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:41 pm
I would avoid the Pinaroo way and go via Mildura etc. Even though Google says it's quicker, it isn't, the road is in poor condition with lots of bouncing from the Tailem Bend turn off through to about Euston, lots of windy bits and the rail crossing are now down to 60km/h.
We did the Hay turn off and up through West Wylong etc, long boring road but not to bad condition for the majority of it.
we saw roos but they were smart enough to stay off the road and we were driving at night and that is the worst time for them so .....

T1 Terry
So how do I get to Mildura from your joint then...???

Any short cuts , don think my bomb would fit on a ferry :o

vik... :cry:
Iveco #2 @ Espie 50C170 B7944 and a T1 Litho Solar Conversion...

User avatar
BruceS
Site Admin
Posts: 7667
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Mannum, SA, 5238

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by BruceS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 pm

Not sure why it won't fit on a ferry Vik. Hit it at 30-40 degrees if need be.
Cross at Mannum on the downstream ferry which is the big one for semi's etc.
Take your time & be careful of your approach & exit. The Ferry operators are an understanding bunch.
I'm not going to repeat but maybe you want to listen to T1?
If so, go from Mannum up thru Sedan to the Sturt Hwy & then follow the traffic ........
Not sure how Terry gets to Euston by going thru Pinnaroo though.
*******************
BruceS
Mannum, SA

********************

Vik351
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Location: Adelaide SA

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:51 pm

BruceS wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:29 pm
Not sure why it won't fit on a ferry Vik. Hit it at 30-40 degrees if need be.
Cross at Mannum on the downstream ferry which is the big one for semi's etc.
Take your time & be careful of your approach & exit. The Ferry operators are an understanding bunch.
I'm not going to repeat but maybe you want to listen to T1?
If so, go from Mannum up thru Sedan to the Sturt Hwy & then follow the traffic ........
Not sure how Terry gets to Euston by going thru Pinnaroo though.
Well that sounds alright, no scrapin me arse on the ferry then

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Mannum, ... 584785!3e0

onya Bruceie...!!!

vik... :mrgreen:


Then go this way ya reckon...??? via the hill...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sedan,+ ... 539135!3e0

edit... :oops:
Last edited by Vik351 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iveco #2 @ Espie 50C170 B7944 and a T1 Litho Solar Conversion...

User avatar
Dot
Posts: 18757
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:12 pm
Location: Strathalbyn SA

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Dot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 pm

Just go Vik and no you can't hitch a ride back because I fart and knowing how prim and proper you are I wouldn't want you to be offended or embarrassed but have a good trip :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.

Vik351
Posts: 893
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:50 pm
Location: Adelaide SA

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by Vik351 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Dot wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:54 pm
Just go Vik and no you can't hitch a ride back because I fart and knowing how prim and proper you are I wouldn't want you to be offended or embarrassed but have a good trip :lol:
Nah, leavin the prim and proper one home...!!!

Ya want a contest, gimmie a Farmers Union Ice Coffee and your lungs would be rooted...!!! ;)

Thats why the new humpy wont need LPG...!!! :oops:

vik...
Iveco #2 @ Espie 50C170 B7944 and a T1 Litho Solar Conversion...

User avatar
jon_d
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:37 pm
Location: bedford

Re: How to get to Brizzie from Adelaide

Post by jon_d » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Vik,

We did Wentworth >>Broken Hill >> Port Augusta in April in the bus. It's a good road to drive.

Post Reply