Forum sticker

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
Dot

Re: Forum sticker

Post by Dot »

Happy chappie are we Bruce :lol: :roll: careful what you write, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote:JUST-A-THORT...

T1,
To conform to the bumper-sticker format (about 9"x2.5"), you'd have room to put the elements side-by-side.
ie: Oz on left, banner in centre (with or without roo), NZ on right.

Could you put up a version in this vein for us to assess :?:
you have no idea how hard that was, still didn't come out that well. Here are two possibles
site logo4.jpg
site logo5.jpg
Once you put them together in a powerpoint slide, you can't pull them appart again, haven't learnt how to do layers yet :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

YUP!
That's what I was thinking: #2. (Or what you've labelled 'logo5')

I reckon that has possibilities.
What do the Great Unwashed think?

T1,
Could you either indicate a line around it or drop a block of light colour (eg. process blue @ 20%) behind it to give us an idea of how it would look as an actual sticker?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

There are probably a few on this forum that are aware of a recent thread over on CF (Caravanersforum.com) that has been discussing the sticker that they have.
They have 13,424 members and ofcourse not everyone would have a sticker on their outfits but several have mentioned that they have NEVER EVER seen anyone else with that sticker yet.
If that is the case how will we get on with a couple of hundred members?
I'm not saying to not create one but just pointing out that there may not be the result that you expect from it.
If we do get some printed I agree with the idea of each member having a supply of 'introductory letters' for handing out to fellow travellers we come across. Probably not stickers until they've signed up?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think the sticker will more stand out when a group of us are together, or as an identifier when we are with a different group. There may be only a handful of us at the moment, but I think it would still be good to identify ourselves as a group
site logo6.JPG
The Australia outline and NZ outline probably need to be filled in but that got way beyond my technopeasant skills.

What colours for each? Maybe the same green and the background the same as the lettering but in that light reflective yellow, so when headlights shine on the sticker it glows. I did that with my workshop business bumper stickers, it was very effective.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

My thinking was more to publicise we exist. I have the caravanners forum sticker as well, and something to match at the other side would be great. The blue coloured stickers do not go with my colour scheme nearly as nicely, so am reluctant to display as prominently
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:I think the sticker will more stand out when a group of us are together,....
What colours for each?
You mean kind of like a banner which chapters put up when advertising their clicks? :lol:

Colours? Duh, that's easy - just do the natural green for NZ and natural brown for Oz. ibid lol
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Terry, I like your suggestions the yellow reflective sounds great
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

T1 Terry wrote:I'm all for it, the other forum hijacked Derek's sticker so to me it's not suitable as I'm not a member of that forum, and not being a CMCA member any more it doesn't even have relevance to that long gone forum either.
I liked this one too :lol:
OZeRVnews.JPG
Well, I still like this one... with the kangaroo'n'beer... sorta gives the laid back impression that is pretty evident once here.

As for NZ... how about a biggish fishing rod stuck in the ground on the beach of NSW or Vic with a bent rod & a line with twin hooks into the coast(s) of NZ. :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

haha.... with Norm on one hook & Christine on the other? Trying to reel them in to bring them back to our shores?
I like it!! ;) ;)
After tomorrow (hopefully) I'll have more time to get my teeth into a few projects.
BruceS
Mannum, SA