Posting a pic

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
supersparky

Posting a pic

Post by supersparky »

Can anyone tell me if the max photo size for this forum is 256kb. That was the max size that one was able to post on another forum that some of us may have been members of once.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Re: Posting a pic

Post by Dot »

That question my friend will have to be answered by those men in red, and it looks like the smart ones have hit the sack. You will have an answer tomorrow for sure..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

This one said it was 599kb
how much did you drink little lizard.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

it was tweaked up to 750 before the forum was shifted,just tried to load a 899kb one the limit IS 750 kb
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Good Morning folks.
Yes at present the limit is set at 750kb which really is far too much. (but I'll leave it for now)
I've also turned on "thumbnail creation" which means if a picture is posted that is above the size limit of the thumbnail, it will create a smaller copy for everyone to see in the post (like that goanna) but then you can click on it & see it in full size as posted.
Some browsers will then resize the picture to fit in your screen. Most browsers do allow you to "view picture in original size" which MAY be 4 times the size of your screen & you need to scroll to see the goanna's tonsils.
If the resolution of your pictures is very very high (taken with a very expensive camera) then even if it is only 400 pixels wide it MAY still exceed the 750kb limit.
Once again in most cases if you open it in Irfan View & simply resave it you may find it will drastically reduce it's size. (kb size)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I use Microsoft Picture Manager because it's already on the 'puter, compress picture, web page size, reduced the lizard from 599kb to just 52kb
how much did you drink little lizard webpage size.JPG
this little fella came wandering through the camp site at Gillards Beach on the NSW south coast. He was enticed there for the photo though, a few fish heads in the sun did the trick. These fellas were all through the park, harmless unless you tried to catch or corner one but quie a sight. a shit of a track in, expensive for nothing but a drop toilet at $10 per night per person as it's a National Park but an amazing area with well defined camping areas and wood supplied for open fires in season and a beach that goes on for miles in either direction, definitely an at least once visit spot.

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Well I certainly ain't goin there, that thing would eat my dog.

Dirk
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Used to be a couple of big ones go around the Cool Water's Caravan Park (between Emu Park & Yappoon, Qld) every day a few years ago.
Not funny when they make a quick sprint towards you if you're not used to it!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Some time ago up in the hinterland at Coffs we arrived at a lookout just as some backpackers were sitting down to a BBQ when out of the scrub came half a dozen or more of these monsters dribbling and scurrying around in the leaves and scrub. Well they had a great BBQ, the goanna's that is, the backpackers took off babbling and screaming shrieks of terror. Mind you I had to get back into the car as the wife was very scared to.

Dirk
Dot

Post by Dot »

Kelvin12 wrote:Well I certainly ain't goin there, that thing would eat my dog.

Dirk
Yeah but just think what a mess they would make of my pussy :roll: :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.