Chatter in topics

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
weezanickinoff

Chatter in topics

Post by weezanickinoff »

Hi Adminny folk, Would it be possible to seperate the chatter from the info in Camps for Big Rigs? It's such a handy thread that when looking for camps, I give up scrolling to bypass all the chatter.....not that I mind chatter, it's great but if the actual camps could be placed seperate please............ When internet is sketchy out here, it's no fun to loose it before finding something.
Tah :oops: ;)
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
TigerMK1

Re: Chatter in topics

Post by TigerMK1 »

I agree, the chatter on this forum can easily obscure the meaningfull information. There is topics for banal chatter, maybe thats where it should stay. :roll:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Will look into it Wendy. It's a difficult thing to do.
The same thing happens at times in the dump point thread.
I thought about having one thread just for discussions about the camps or dumps & lock the actual posts of the dumps & camps with the last post suggesting discussions to be elsewhere.
I'll see if it can be done .... Once I catch this rougue who's upsetting me.......!!!

:mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

TigerMK1 wrote:I agree, the chatter on this forum can easily obscure the meaningfull information. There is topics for banal chatter, maybe thats where it should stay. :roll:
Sometimes the 'chatter' is in relation to the post though. Things like "is it potable water", or "is that on the North side of the road etc". Simple little questions can easily result in 10-15 posts.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

TigerMK1

Post by TigerMK1 »

admin wrote:
TigerMK1 wrote:I agree, the chatter on this forum can easily obscure the meaningfull information. There is topics for banal chatter, maybe thats where it should stay. :roll:
Sometimes the 'chatter' is in relation to the post though. Things like "is it potable water", or "is that on the North side of the road etc". Simple little questions can easily result in 10-15 posts.
Mabe so, however there are some posters that can't seem to help themselves. They have to add silly comments on any and all topics. Don't know how you can stop them though. I think maybe, if you think you are one of the banal posters, you are. (now wait for the comments) :o
weezanickinoff

Post by weezanickinoff »

I just thought maybe admin could just lift the actual camps and have them on a side thread and keep the chatter going they are both good but need to be seperated, maybe have both with and without, just to simplify it for those looking at just camps and those who want to read all the replies. Sorry didnt mean to upset anyone. This is NOT a dig and I can see the prob for admin, just a thought to simplify things, but I dont know how it all works, so it was just question on my behalf.
:cry:
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
Dot

Post by Dot »

No worries here Wendy , all will be sorted asap, all cool :lol: :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

What if we make a seperate locked topic and paste copy of the dump points and big rig spots there, would that help?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

Why not make it a sticky
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Why not just stop the off topic chatter.
Bernie.
We dont use heavy handed tactics on here Bernie, Prefer to let things flow and reach a common denominator. let us do our job and things will flow nicely.Norman