Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

Today was sort of a "where did today go"? and it is time for bed so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks and Mr Major x :D and it is 1 year today since Mr Russell crossed the rainbow bridge. xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

I am glad to see that you have those sort of useless days too Dot. You are not alone XXXX

I did a kiln firing this morning, but couldn't stay in my shed to long because the smoke was thick enough to cut through it. Instead I came up to the house and scrubbed the bathroom grout. After using a steam cleaner, then spraying on oil of cloves, it didn't look much better. I believe that bleach only changes the colour of mould, it just disguises it and not kills it. So after the work not being as good as I expected, I tipped some of the clove oil into the steamer and went to town on the grout. Sort of improved a little. I am sorry that I didn't have dark grout put in when I re-tiled the bathroom. No stains would have been visible.

I am in need of some serious ugly sleep tonight,
so sleep well out there xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Dot wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 pm Today was sort of a "where did today go"? and it is time for bed so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks and Mr Major x :D and it is 1 year today since Mr Russell crossed the rainbow bridge. xx
"tanks" here ---Dot,
I had a few Beams and a few tears last night thinking about Mr.Russell and just how much I miss him.
Major kept me company and sat on my foot most of the night. He must have realised that I was not my usual self.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dream4red wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:44 am I am glad to see that you have those sort of useless days too Dot. You are not alone XXXX

I did a kiln firing this morning, but couldn't stay in my shed to long because the smoke was thick enough to cut through it. Instead I came up to the house and scrubbed the bathroom grout. After using a steam cleaner, then spraying on oil of cloves, it didn't look much better. I believe that bleach only changes the colour of mould, it just disguises it and not kills it. So after the work not being as good as I expected, I tipped some of the clove oil into the steamer and went to town on the grout. Sort of improved a little. I am sorry that I didn't have dark grout put in when I re-tiled the bathroom. No stains would have been visible.

I am in need of some serious ugly sleep tonight,
so sleep well out there xxx
A tiler gave me a tip yrs ago, citric acid and water, spray it on and wait 30 mins, wash it off. Another product that works great is 30 seconds mould remover available from Bunnings. We left it on the walls for 30 mins on a transportable home we needed to clean up, then hit it with the pressure washer. I had my doubts it would do much, but it cleaned up the wall brilliantly and the spots I'd missed showed up immediately.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Not getting smoked in too Dot? xxxx

Thanks for that suggestion Terry. I will give it a go. I know that we seem to get overgrown mould whenever we lock the house up for more than a week, so that product may save my sanity.

It was grocery shop day today. So a lot of silly jobs got done as well. Sent out the Christmas cards, bought the groceries and then had plenty of time down in the shed to be sure of having enough stock for next week's sale. Another kiln firing day tomorrow and maybe that will be the last for business firings this year. Wont say the last firing, but any more will be just for my satisfaction or research.

Tanks, thinking of you, try to always look forewards and enjoy today. xx

Been a long hot, smoke filled day
Thank God for our volunteer fireys.
sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Off to bed myself now. Bloody fires, when will they be out? so horrible for everyone and everything in its path. Going to be a dam hot day on Sunday so all watering being done tomorrow. Off to bed now so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D Glad you are safe from the fires but be on guard xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

'Nite/morning Dot.

Yep all good here for the time being... probably because we're on higher ground than Penrith we don't get the smoke issue - we're about halfway between Penrith & Springwood.

Days have been hot but since we replaced the old tile roof with Colourbond the inside temps have been surprisingly cooler. Highest temps we've had recently have been around 42c but inside - with the windows & doors closed early - the max temp we've had to endure was 26c. Happy with that.

New windows going in the house on Dec 18... all wooden windows being replaced with white aluminium, should take 2-3 days so hope the temps aren't excessive during that period. In February the kitchen will be getting an upgrade... same bench arrangement but stone top, new free standing 6 burner Smeg gas cooker with option to turn on full or half grill depending on which you need at the time. Self cleaning oven with ability to remove the glass in the door for cleaning.... 'snice.

So with that bit of expenditure in the planning... little if any travels planned for next year.

Health wise we're both fine & gradually losing weight with sensible eating & size portions... I've lost 7 kg in 6 weeks & Trina about 3kg.

Keep smiling.

:D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Good to hear you and Trina are doing well, Chuck. We are also into weight loss by cutting down carbs. No bread, potatoes, rice etc. We have each lost about 6kgs but much more needed for me. It’s a work in progress.

Your house upgrades sound great but a shame about the travelling.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Chuck, I hope you are not going to install sliding aluminium windows as cleaning the tracks is a constant pain in the arse. I would install hopper windows which drop down from the top when opening providing better ventilation.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The problem with aluminium windows is the heat/cold transferring in through the frames. The old wooden window frames were excellent as far as that problem went and lasted well if looked after properly. If I had the option, I reckon I'd go for rebuilding the wooden frame windows and double glazing them rather than going aluminium. The house has aluminium frame windows, same as the workshop, even with sun shade blind over the windows at home you can feel the heat/cold flow in from the things. I'd love to be able to afford wooden frame double glazing, but a bit too old to have any more kids we could sell to pay for it :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO