Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

HMMmmmm...
Qld State election result is interesting.
I expected the voters in the SE corner to support Anna's Labor Govt, but I thought the rural areas so dependent on tourist dollars for survival to send her a solid message, "Not happy, Jan!"
They apparently have not done so. She appears to have increased her majority: from 47 to a potential 50.
:?: :?: :?:

Commentators & party analysts/commentators are divided on the reasons.

Off to bed, now that it's reasonably settled.

G'nite, nightowls everywhere.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
Don't overlook the "sit-down money from the Feds might bhave something to do with it.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Have another sleep-in day tomorrow Dot. Nothing on tele to watch and the weather aint looking too classy either. xxxx

David and Dot, council went broke due to their own greed. Also state gov forced Wyong to join Gosford. Wyong was $20mil in the black and Gosford was already going down the gurgler. Now the whole shebang is claimed to be $60million in the red. Hopefully a proper audit may tell what exactly has happened to our money. The really annoying thing is that Wyong people had been paying a higher amount of rates than Gosford and now our rates are propping up the bottom of the coast and we aint seeing any of it at all.

Had another kiln firing day. Looking good. Tomorrow will tell what the real results will be of course.

Sorted through some clothes to send off to Vinnies and found homes for some new clothes. Amazing that NoniB, Katies etc can still be selling their clothes off cheap online and still be making profit. A top arrived yesterday that had a NoniB label on it for $99. I paid $10 truly, who pays nearly a hundred dollars for a fancy shirt? And they are still making money or they would have donated it to charity and claimed a tax loss. Amazing.

sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We live on the boundary of the newly formed Central Coast Council & Lake Macquarie Council, we were definitely in the black, doing ok as Wyong Shire Council but as Deborah has posted since amalgamation nothing has been spent on the northern area, all the money appears to have been spent in Gosford, Terrigal & further south, Gosford was all ready in the red & going under before the amalgamation.
We have had a joint water supply for several years which is owned by the councils.
Certainly will be interesting to see the audit.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Deb,
Re: airport rezoning.
Is that Aeropelican?
What is proposed? More house lots?
Always got a buzz on takeoff. Were we going for a swim or a plane trip?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

The same thing happened back in the 90's when they forced council amalgamation on country Vic. We went from having the road graded twice a year to once every 2-3 years, among other things. Everything including all the equipment was collected up and moved to north to the big city. Local gubment is full of self serving little people filling their own pockets.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Ray, I think Deb may be referring to Warnervale Airport.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

A new one on me...😳

Aha! Google Maps to the rescue.
Near Tuggerah Lakes. Was it an aero club strip?
Upgraded to commercial standards?
What now?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray, the Warnervale aerodrome was built by Wyong Shire Council early seventies, later they up graded it to take jets, they have tried to upgrade it to take bigger planes but I don't think where it is would allow the upgrade owing to the terrain & of course residents were dead against it owing to the noise factor.
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Battery running down so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Ray x :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.