Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Enjoying the cold night air in the bus mate? xxxx

It's just starting to feel a bit chilly here now. At least we finally have had a day with no rain and even some sunshine.
I fiddled around with glue and a toothpick to get the fittings onto my latest brooches and necklaces. Pics maybe tomorrow.

I reckon that every time it rains here, the weeds grow another foot. More time spent weeding and really not much to show for it. Wandering jew and another very strong sort of mistletoe are the worst offenders and they have invaded with great haste.

nighty night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Night folks have a great week cheers Robert
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope the snow isn't chasing you Dot xxxx

It's so cold here that it could easily snow.
Today's favourite work of art... first the before pics, front and back
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
Now the after shot
IMG_1882.JPG
I am happy enough with this one. It is for shows and will be worn on top of a plain black shirt. The other one that I was building is too fragile looking for my taste, so will probably sell it next weekend.

Did some grocery shopping today. Amazingly, the shop was almost empty and we got the chore done reasonably quickly. I like shopping in smaller family owned shops now. After the fuss that woolies made in lockdown times and how hard they made it for us, well we keep returning to the shop that supported our small area during that fiasco.

Stay warm out there folks,
sleep warm too xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah

dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, I hope your bus is warmer than we are at the moment xxxx

Did a few caravan jobs today and then cut some fancy glass pieces to make a candle holding bowl. Another experimental jobby. I am heading off for a warmed bed, so night all xxx
Deborah

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Deborah I thought the black/white necklace looked good but then realised it wasn't the finished product, looks good, great hobby to keep you out of mischief. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hmmm...
Just watched the bio on Phil the Greek.
Big fat 0 on the box now, so it’s goodnight from me, and it’s goodnight from him.
😁😙🤭
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

That bus travel is going for a good few days Dot. Enjoy mate xxxx

Shirley, I like the black n white necklace too but it had quite a lot of scratching in the white enamel, so it looked rough. That's why it was $2 at vinnies. I wore it to a meeting tonight and the ladies loved it. Some of them are my toughest critics and will tell me if a piece is not quite right. I reckon for a couple of dollars, it looked like a lot more, once I did my glass overhaul. My glass is added to the back, so if the need for a plainer piece happens, it just gets flipped over to the black n white side. Love the versatility of it, although it did make it a bit heavy to wear.

Did a bit more work on the rocking chair recovering, that had been put aside in the too hard basket for a while. Now all the pieces of fabric are ready to go onto the chairs. All have been suitably reinforced and hemmed where needed. Next week, as long as the weather is ok, we will be trying to finish off the job. We were working on them outside because it needs a lot of space around them to get at all angles. Hoping for some sunny days to get it done.
Never a dull moment in the lair
Night all xxx
Deborah

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Clever Deborah, I see now what you have accomplished, certainly looks good, your brooches look good too but brooches don't seem to be worn as much these days, I have several that I never wear.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, hope your fingers haven't frozen off. xxxx

Shirley, I agree that brooches aren't very popular. I don't sell a lot of them but just recently I sold a couple to some young ladies and they asked for some different styles to wear with scarves. The results of their requested ideas are what I made. So if someone will pay, I will make.

The van is packed and we are heading off to the edge of Sydney tomorrow. Not my favourite place, but that may change if we have good sales.

goodnight all xxx
Deborah

Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi all. Called in to see Dot and George as we were passing through today as she has been very quiet lately. Dot has been a bit crook with a bug :( and was curled up in bed with Brian the cat. She probably will fill you all in when she has recovered. Wishing you the best Dot.
Goodnight everybody. Cheers John and Faye