Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by BernieQ2 »

😁😁😁😁😁😁
Dot

Post by Dot »

There are a few on here that I think have been in lock down for too long but who am I to judge ?? :lol: :lol: Off to hairdresser, GP, Chiro and Buntings tomorrow so I had better get some beauty sleep. HTFFBO were sitting out very strong winds and dust storm near Marla and also rather hot. Robert not Bob and Molly have reached their destination. No pressure cleaning for me today, too tired. Had a good chat with Bob n Bev as well. Take care everyone. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks and Mr Major x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you may be very right about lock down mania. Seems like it could become a serious problem to some :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Enjoy your freedom mate xxxx

Jd, you are nuts. Duck shit everywhere is not a good thing and the only positive thing is they keep the snail population to zero. As these are not native ducks, nobody will come to collect them. The town is overrun by them and basically, we are fed up with them. Aint no duck lovin granma here. :lol: :lol: As a work of creative art, your short story may have earnt you a B+, if I were in a good mood.

The shed was not my happy place today. I had set the kiln to warm up way too fast and paid the price. The piece that I have been fiddling with for many days, managed to get a dirty big crack through it. It obviously cracked into two pieces and then as the kiln got hotter, it joined back together in parts. It has been separated into three pieces (hammer therapy again) and the slow rebuild will start all over again soon. I wanted to refire the rebuilt, Christmas decorations first. They won't be breaking any time soon.

His nibs found a f**kbook post about a big gem festival in Mudgee over Easter. So at his suggestion, I have applied for a spot to sell my wares. Now you all know that he is just as happy to be out and about flogging my glass too. He gets entertainment and the chance to sit at a stall, reading his book or ipad, and occasionally will go and fetch food. He doesn't serve customers, rarely even talks to them, but the passing parade is always entertaining.

It's a goodnight from me xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

How did your kilning day go Deborah? Went to Mt Barker today, yet another sub division on the go, where is everyone coming from??? We both had our hair cuts, bloods done and chiro seen. Been a nice spring day as well. The magpie we rescued died due to the injuries it got to it's head and eyes. :( :( But we tried.. Anyway it is bed time for me now so goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Homeless x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you're brave going for haircuts. We have only been allowed that "luxury" this week. My scissors are doing an ok job. I don't look like a werewolf or a yetti, so not too bad. I even gave his lordship a long, short back n sides this week. Might be putting hairdressers out of business now. Bet that was a long day out, for you both. xxxx

Kiln time, was interesting. I had set it this time, to be very safe and conservative. It needed a bit more oomph/heat. The corners were way too sharp. When it's cooked just right, the corners round off a little bit and they are much safer to handle. So, as this is a learning curve, I added a few more degrees and made the hold time a bit longer. It is back warming up as I type. Tomorrow, will see if the decorations are now up to not scratching people.

The sun shone and not a lot of interesting stuff happened here today.
Night all xxx
Deborah

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ2 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm Mate....pookickers 🤔... please explain.
Bernie.
Margaret gave them some Kiwi name, but it sounded close enough to "poo kicker" to me, so they have been poo kickers ever since. These are different to river chooks, partly because river hooks are smart enough to get off the road when they see a car, poo kickers are not near that smart :roll: Poo kickers also have longer legs and can actually fly a short distance ... yet they are still to stupid to do that to avoid getting flattened by a car .... must be a relative of the dodo or something ..... They crap out a round log of weed that sets like stone if allowed to dry so rather difficult to get off the solar panels. They make their home a reeds, but again, too stupid to make their nest above the high water level, so a large percentage of the young drown .... kinda strange for a water bird, but there ya go :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, hope you're getting an early night xxxx

Pooh kickers? Not a nice description for a pelican...or is it a bin chicken with a big bum? Better explanation now required, please.

Woke with a migraine, so not a productive day. Finally the drugs have started to work and now I will need to sleep them off.

So it's goodnight from me xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

The pūkeko is what Terry is trying to say :lol:
Pūkeko is the New Zealand name for the purple swamphen (Porphyrio porphyrio). There are many subspecies of purple swamphen. The subspecies found in New Zealand (Porphyrio porphyrio melanotus) is thought to have landed here around a thousand years ago from Australia.Pūkeko are widespread and are as at home in pasture and farmland as they are in wetlands. They are commonly seen along marshy roadsides and low-lying open country.

Unlike many other native birds, the pūkeko has adapted well to new habitats, such as grassed paddocks, croplands and even city parks, a necessity brought about by disappearing wetlands. However, the pūkeko is essentially a bird of swampy ground, lagoons, reeds, rushes and swamps
Been a beautiful day again, lemon tree well pruned and also some bottle brushes dead headed and a load of washing done. Friend of ours sold his lovely old stone house in Minlinton SA in 2 days :o His wife died a few mths ago , she had MS for the past 25 yrs so he is heading up to his family in Darwin where he loves fishing, With the borders opening up and the daily positives rising we are not going to change our routine of isolation apart from little trips to people less places. Time to say goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks and Mr Major xx :D :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Yep, that would be it. Purple water hen we call 'em. Truckloads of them along that bit of water out front of Terry and Marg's place. And they crap everywhere.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:57 am Yep, that would be it. Purple water hen we call 'em. Truckloads of them along that bit of water out front of Terry and Marg's place. And they crap everywhere.
A bit like the feral humans when they get out bush hey?.