Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
2foot6

Re: Good morning daily

Post by 2foot6 »

After a couple of hours of crawling around the roof on my knees I was knackered after getting the first coat done.

David,hope you were taking all of the motorhome roof safety rules into consideration .....Peter :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Peter, I was, seriously. I was sh###ng myself that I might go over the edge head first. I had SWMBO on watch and I was very very careful. Its only about 4 metres if you go head first. The worst part was getting all the overnight drizzle / dew off. Its like ice.
It is supposed to rain tomorrow and Monday so I get to live another day or two. Who knows what Tuesday will bring. I will probably pull out the fridge tomorrow and run some cable and install some proper insulation around the 3 way Dometic before re -installing it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I was sh###ng myself that I might go over the edge head first.
That could make things worse, very slippery. Not a good feeling looking at the ground from that height these days(at our age).Back in the 1990s I used climb communication towers ,now I'm not allowed to climb a match box. Sounds like you are doing some major upgrades and repairs, good time to do them if your a Victorian as no one wants us. :lol: :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Peter, I am a Victorian, but sensibly, I moved to Qld over twenty years ago. So now I wear shorts a lot, and say eh on the end of a sentence most of the time.
Seriously though, the poor old Winny needed a bit of work on the roof, and the solar is not what I thought it was. I will upgrade the panels when funds permit, but I am in the process of upgrading the wiring and controller etc, because presently there is no way of knowing what is happening battery wise. It would be fair to say that I am a little disappointed in some of the construction methods and wiring practices that the manufacturer has employed. When the upgrades are complete we plan to go on a bit of a tour.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I think most motorhome and caravan manufactures suffer from the the same disease but we learn as we go along. Our Optimum had a few little thinks I wasn't happy about, I have fixed them and happy with the motorhome .Our motorhome was built in 2009 and I think Jayco took more care in those days as our finish inside is very good, todays units seem to be a bit rushed in construction and not such a good quality finish. Good luck with all the repairs and hope they don't break the bank. At least you will save on the electricians labour costs. I lived in Gladstone from 1982 to 1988 and loved it, but had to return to Victoria for family reasons.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I was just looking at the Jayco brochure.

A new 9 meter Jayco Optimum is $235k. You'd want the build quality to be good for that much money.... but it doesn't even have a diesel heater for that price. Not even a $200 Chinese one.

https://www.jayco.com.au/a/optimum/-/29 ... nt_id=2157
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good morning everyone even those up last night :)
Didnt walk yesterday Bob I had forgot we were going to Apple Tree Creek markets...DOH.. :?
I only bought two saw blades x saw mill for ornaments on the bark hut . Carol bought fruit and stuff :roll:
And guess what its bacon and egg day again ...you bewdy...
Hope we get some of that rain Dave is talking about....not holding my breath...
Morning Helen n "Tanks"
Bernie .
bob r

Post by bob r »

Morning Bernie and David and anyone else about 10 with fog this morning
Careful on that roof David
Enjoy your bacon and eggs Bernie

Bob
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everybody, its a warmish 16 here at the mo'. No rain here yet, but the man says its coming. We are off to the Broadwater this morning. Should be a nice morning if the rain holds off, but it will be a shed day later on. I hope that everyone enjoys their bacon and eggs. Safe travels everyone.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Morning folks still cold here with rain last night and more expected today.

Home made bacon and smoked eggs for breakfast later.

Family lunch today as our son and partner have finish there isolation after returning from Canberra. Be good to have every one around.

Take care if you are traveling cheers Robert