Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Good morning daily

Post by BernieQ2 »

Maybe on the way back Bob depends on how long the service goes ???
If coming your way I will give you a ring ,
Bernie .
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

bob r wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:51 am Morning all have a safe one Bernie.....you coming past this way?
Your up early this morning Keith.

Bob
"tanks" here---Bob,
Had a bit of breathing problem but all ok now. I'ts marvelous what a cuppa will do.
Almost time to go back to bed.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Kieth please take care yes a cuppa fixes a lot of things Bernie just thought I would confuse you a little 2 good mornings in one[emoji1787][emoji1787]
Bob how are you settling in to the QLD lifestyle
Shirley have you heard anymore re Rathmines reopening it's a great place
Going to be in the low 40s today ouch
HTFFBO Helen take care [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good morning 21 cloudy, lake like a mill pond again.
No news on Rathmines being reopened Helen, Bowls ladies did say some still stay but are moved on if a council ranger spots them, it is an ideal location & the campers definitely stopped vandalism & break ins at the club.Good luck with the eye operation, hope all goes well.
Shirley & Bruce.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Thank you Shirley yes it is a great place If having people there stops vandals why not
Hi everyone
HTFFBO Helen take care [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 am Good morning 21 cloudy, lake like a mill pond again.
No news on Rathmines being reopened Helen, Bowls ladies did say some still stay but are moved on if a council ranger spots them, it is an ideal location & the campers definitely stopped vandalism & break ins at the club.Good luck with the eye operation, hope all goes well.
Shirley,
Is that the old RAAF base? Or the Bowling Club grounds? I think the last time I visited Rathmines it was a RAAF Open Day just before they closed the base. (late 1950s ~ early 60s?)

Rutherglen is fine & sunny. Max forecast: 34° today... 41° tomorrow. And it's not even officially Summer yet! :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

On the news that the power has been turned off to the York Peninsula and the Eyre Peninsula and a few other areas because of the heat and risk of fires. Ya gotta wonder how they are expected to cope with well over 40*C temps and no power for air con in office buildings, shopping centres, freezers, fridges or household air con?
Certainly a case for an off grid battery and solar set up for the house anyway, maybe the supermarkets have big generators to keep the freezers running and they just send everyone home from work if there is no power?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray, the bowling club is on the point at Catalina Bay, the building was formerly the officers' mess of the RAAF base, overnight stays were allowed on a large concrete area just south of the club where there are public toilets, there are no houses in the area so leaves the area open to vandals & thieves at night.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley,
Thanks for the information.
Must add a return to the Lake next time we head North.
Might even drop by our old house to see if/how it’s changed.
No rellies surviving in the area now... all moved away/dropped off the twig. Nearest now is in Kempsey!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

A fine good morning to everybody .
Didn't get the car back till after lunch Bob so didn't take the long way home past your place .
It's shopping day again so off to the bigs moke again..(Maryborough) .
Bernie .