Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Looks like you are staying as cool as possible Dot. Can't be too careful with this predicted heat. xxxx

Today, our lake is making history. For the first time since 1943, there has been a shark attack. Factual information is still a bit non existent, but we do know that it did happen across the lake. Person has possibly lost his arm, but is still alive to tell the tale. This lake is full of sharks and people swim, boat, canoe, jetski, waterski all year round. There are so many fish here that the sharks are considered to be so well fed that they are not a risk. It has been a long time coming and hopefully the same amount of time will pass before the next bite happens. We will still kayak, canoe and ride boats around the lake, just being a little more vigilant than previously.

I did a kiln run with Dot's surprise...more info another day. I also spent a lot of time upstairs in the airconditioning to get the tax ready for the accountant. Good job done for another year PITA.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

That's what happens when they remove the proffesional fishers from the lake.

PeterH
PeterH
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, hope the heat is bearable for you xxxx

Peter, nobody can be sure. The scary thing is this man is a marine biologist, so he should have had a bit more smarts about him. The lake is so full of sharks and fish that the sharks have not bothered eating peoples before this. Don't think it will become a trend, just a very sad happening. Most people would not be swimming out into the deeper parts of the lake and it appears that the gent was swimming out to his moored boat, quite some distance from the shore.

Had another scorcher here too. I did a bit of kiln work and stuffed around in my shed, but the air con upstairs was way too inviting.

Night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Inside all day. G kept the birds comfortable with the misting fan. Turned the air con on about 3pm so that was good. Brian has been sprawled on the cool tiles . Anyone out there have any Hoyas after a couple named Curtis and Multiflora. Still can't smell any smoke from the fires. Hope the wind doesn't whip up again or change direction. It has been reported that a local guy has been charged with ?? starting the fire. Time they got serious with these bastards. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Petels x :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Still warm here in WA today,
But we're getting a small relief from the high 30's to 40 we've been having for the last few weeks, today it's down to 26- 28 , might have to put a jumper on it's getting cold :roll: :lol:
Aus day here in the village is going to be a traditional ( almost) sausage sizzle and the lower temps will be nice.

For the last few days I ( along with my Bro I.L. ) have been sealing up an inflatable dinghy I was given along with a 2Hp Parsun motor.
The dinghy was thrown in as part of the deal with the motor, which runs perfectly btw.
There's a long story about this inflatable boat, and the details were leaked to Phyllis slowly, a bit at the time, till acceptance was attained. :?

I'm trying to get it all set up for when we're down at Walpole in a couple of weeks and do a bit of river fishing ( I do a bit of fishing and less "catching" ) and there's nothing like fresh fish or squid hot off the BBQ.
The idea of this boat is to get outside the weed we get here on the west coast, so I'm sorta hoping it's a success, if not there will be a small inflatable and motor for sale.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Stay inside Dot, still too hot to think independently. xxxx

DId very little shed work...too bloomin hot. Too many peoples are around on the waterfront, so not even going paddling at the moment. The water is probably as hot as a bath anyway. Taking it as cool as we can here. Straya Day was cancelled here, due to usual big crowds and covid, so I guess it just be another day in the lair.
Happy Straya Day folks,
night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

We had some good rain today, gutters all over flowing mainly due to next doors gum tree leaves clogging up the filters. Lots of big puddles laying about but that will be gone soon. At least the rain has done a good job of helping contain the fires. Those mongrels lighting the fires need to be hung drawn and quartered, All they get is a wrist slap and cry mental issues from being ignored as a kid. :evil: Time to say goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight to all the fire fighters and thanks x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Time to move and say goodnight to today x :D Goodnight everyone x :D
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Bye all hope you had a great day [emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, looks like the rain saved the day for you. xxxx

I am smelling strong fire smoke and apparently it is coming from South Coast fires, Heck, that's a long way for smoke to travel. Scary huh? Just glad that there is no fire following into our area. Still feeling like we are living in hell at the moment with the heat so high, but at least our air con has been able to cope during the day and night.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah