Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Doing nothing is hard work, innit, Dottie?
Leaves me totally stuffed.
And I’ve got to finish the job tomorrow, cos I still had more of nothing to do when the sun went down!
I’ll be glad when this lockdown is over and I can get back to being retired. 🤭😳😜

ps. All the best with the tongue dr... 👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to see you are back with us Dot. Hope the tongue man is helpful. xxxx

Blowed if I know what bad word I used last night, but I was not allowed in, so after a couple of attempts, I just gave up.
Today I fired up the kiln, what a surprise, to bend the edges of yesterday's plate. Not sure how it will look, but using chalk to shape it was interesting. The glass goes on top of the chalk, so once the glass goes down, it's hard to see where the chalk has ended up. Tomorrow will tell.

back to finding a warm bed for me, I need some ugly sleep

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Morning Dot.
x
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

You say you need more "ugly sleep" Deborah, blimey I have gone way over the limit and now in ugly debt. :lol: Want to see your latest art work please. Might try to get to the block for a few :lol: Have had some solid rain and very strong winds but settled now. Twas a big day so now off to bed Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Deborah x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to see you still have the sense of humor Dot. Sorry no great works of art at the moment xxxx

This morning I went down to my shed to take out yesterday's plate. This plate has been through the kiln so many times I have lost count. So when I looked at the end of the plate and could see that one handle was totally curled around the bit of chalk and looked ridiculous, the only thing that I could do was to move the chalk back to where it should be and try again. If it looks just as wonky tomorrow, it will get another workover. Just not to return as a plate. So progress is very slow at the lair this week, hence no works of art to display any where.

Early bed time tonight for me, so nighty night one and all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

What a great evening of tv watching my Bomber boys squash Collingwood :lol: take that Eddie... :lol: :lol: Now heading off to bed and hopefully stay awake to watch the boys on bikes replay of the TDF seeing it has been cancelled this year thanks to the bug.. Hope your glass turns out better Deborah, just keep trying. Still a bit puffy around the chops but no pain but the lip looks like a leach :lol: So goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Riverlander x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, stay away from mirrors. It isn't important what you look like, it is more important that you are here with us and soon will be back to having lots of mischief. xxxx

The plate from yesterday didn't make the cut...really it's a very messy looking lump of glass. It will come back to life in some form or another eventually, but it definitely will not be a plate. No kiln work today, just a domesticated day

Stay warm and sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Dot glad it is coming good for you, take it easy and best to Mr G.

Deborah you are having a rough time with that plate better luck in the future. Done a course on slump glass a life time ago was interesting.

So today or yesterday we have been bay sitting the grand kids 4 years and 11 months with a sleep over for both of them. Man you forget how much of a hand full they can be. Needless to say I am fully awake and the youngest is in bed with grannie.

Found out today the government has done another crack down on pain relief tablets. For mine which is tram a dol there is now no repeats and packets of
The strait 50mg dropped ic content from 20 to 10 a packet. So now instead of going to the doctors once a month and the chemist being paid a dispensing fee by the government once a month as well I must go to the doctors three times a month and the chemist gets three dispensing fee’s a month.

So how much extra is going on medicare and as I have no pension or health card my cost have taken a sharpe rise. Certainly not the way to control the problem. Rant over good night or good morning it is going to be a long day.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

RobertNotBob wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:52 am
So how much extra is going on medicare and as I have no pension or health card my cost have taken a sharp rise.
I have a similar problem, a couple of medications I take cost $42 per script ie per month.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

... Found out today the government has done another crack down on pain relief tablets. For mine which is tram a dol there is now no repeats and packets of
The strait 50mg dropped ic content from 20 to 10 a packet. So now instead of going to the doctors once a month and the chemist being paid a dispensing fee by the government once a month as well I must go to the doctors three times a month and the chemist gets three dispensing fee’s a month.

So how much extra is going on medicare and as I have no pension or health card my cost have taken a sharpe rise. Certainly not the way to control the problem. Rant over ...
RnB,
Agree. While I have had a pension of some sort through most of my cancer treatment, I feel your pain. (Sorry about the pun. :P )
Very many changes to legislation are not properly thought through.
The prescription changes for powerful painkillers were designed to prevent stockpiling and 'doctor shopping'... but to me they seem to just add another layer of aggravation for those genuinely in need of some potent pain relief. I went through the same with my broken ribs. Only last week I came off the last of the opiods which I really needed in January-February. Six months... and I had to keep getting new scripts from the Dr every couple of weeks. Fortunately the tele-health changes to Medicare meant I could phone my Dr & he'd fax the scripts to my local pharmacy. But SWMBO (who is in charge of scheduling my pill intake) still had to remember to prompt me to make the call. Prior to the changes I could get repeats to last three months... especially useful when on the road.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields