Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Thought for Today

Post by supersparky »

FB_IMG_1609842073596.jpg
Just found this on FB, and thought it was worth a repost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Typical politician...

Politician was visiting a remote little rural town and asked the locals what the government could do for them.
"We have two big needs,” said the towns people.
“First, we have a hospital but no doctor.”
The politician whipped out his mobile phone, spoke for a while and then said,
“I have sorted that out. A doctor will arrive here tomorrow. What is your other need?”
The towns people replied,
“We have no mobile phone reception in our town…..

PeterH
PeterH
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Why do women insist on messing with a hereditary male memory simulator, then complain when we seem to have memory problems?
For generations men have just dropped what ever it was they were using where they used it last, this stimulated the man's memory to trace back to the last place he used it ...... then the women come along, move it to some where they consider it should be but don't have a clue just what it would be called if the man asked if she had seen it because it isn't where you left it? Inevitably the escape clause is "Well, if you put it away you would know where it was" ...... but he did know where it was because he had done the trace back ...... The old line "well, where did you last have it?" and replies "on the bench you decided to tidy" always reverts to the standard escape clause as above ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Sounds a bit like, you are a glutton for punishment if you pursue this argument. You are doomed to be damned if you do and damned if you don't. You possibly need to tell your employer to stop trying to help by cleaning up. Unless of course, you asked for help. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Is Margaret reading this !
If so you might be in trouble. :roll: :roll:

PeterH
PeterH
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

pet-els wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 am Is Margaret reading this !
If so you might be in trouble. :roll: :roll:

PeterH
I reckon you might be right Peter. :lol: :lol:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:16 pm Sounds a bit like, you are a glutton for punishment if you pursue this argument. You are doomed to be damned if you do and damned if you don't. You possibly need to tell your employer to stop trying to help by cleaning up. Unless of course, you asked for help. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that would be asking for a fight I couldn't possibly win :lol: The latest attempt at training the "tidier", can you identify what you just picked up so you can get it back when asked, Yes/No if yes, then if you insist on moving it some place else, don't complain when you have to come out and retrieve it from its new hiding spot ..... if you can not identify the object, replace it just where you found it ...... That sort of worked for a while, then became another box filled with bits that couldn't be identified .... but they had to be moved because that is just part of the DNA :lol:
The funny bit is, "Do you know what this bit is?" when I reply just what it is and where it was and to put it back, "How do you know what all these bits are?" never a comment on me knowing where she had picked it up and where to put it back, but at least some of the bits that I haven't seen for mths resurface as a box of untitled items gets sorted ......
The statement "you spend so much time looking for things and that is why I tidy up" only leads to another fight I can't win if I reply that I'm spending hrs looking for bits because you "tidied up" :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Some people just ask for trouble! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
PeterH
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Have you been watching SWMBO? :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

pet-els wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:59 am Some people just ask for trouble! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
Ran a test last night, mentioned I found my phone by using the male memory exercise of back tracking to find where I had i last .... not a bite, so either she is saving it up or hasn't read this thread :lol:

T1 Terry