Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

Do they make light weight batteries from light weight lead or lithium? If people have never heard of light weight lead or light weight lithium, why do they expect to be able to buy a lighter weight battery, made of the same lead or lithium, that will deliver the same output?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Food for thought [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I guess the answer to my own question is the same reason people play p*ker machines, l*tto in all its various forms and buy l*ttery tickets. They know they are being conned, the chance of actually winning the gamble is very small, yet the tendency to delude one's self is basic human nature and requires deeper thought into the actions which appear to be instinctive, something for nothing really exists .......
I guess this whole forum is much the same, if we don't each contribute to the input, it would shrivel and die like so many other forums

T1 Terry

EDIT: Seems all the gambling names are black listed as well :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

If the world really was flat, wouldn't the cats have pushed everything off the edge by now?

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Why don't they sell Light Beer in bigger cans?
That way, you wouldn't have to buy more cans to get just as drunk.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yeah.. but then we may have to go to the gym & get fitter to enable us to carry them...

Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

This may have been on other sites, but it was new to me so .....

2020 mascot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:36 pm Why don't they sell Light Beer in bigger cans?
That way, you wouldn't have to buy more cans to get just as drunk.
Why does light beer weigh the same as standard beer?

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

When two vegans have an argument, is it still called a beef?
Or does it depend on what’s at steak?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I always thought a "Beef" was when you had a gripe or complaint about someone? So a Vegan equivalent would be a "soya-meal" or "Tofu" ?

T1 Terry