Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Thought for Today

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:51 pm Dogs can't operate an MRI.
Catscan.
But they can study blood samples, well the Labradors' can .....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Is that why in Yankeeland people are marching in the streets chanting “Black Labs Matter!”?? 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:35 am Is that why in Yankeeland people are marching in the streets chanting “Black Labs Matter!”?? 😳
I guess that's better than "meths labs matter" I know a few areas where that would get a lot of protesters out on the street ..... they might not have a clue just what is going on, but they consider their lives would be at risk if they couldn't get the next fix

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Would you call a dead ICE junkies ghost a methylated spirit?
"Boom tish"

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
The mental image of that spooked me! 😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The govt is looking to hire couples who have been married for more than 7 yrs to educate people on social distancing ......

T1 Terry
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

They would have to ask older people as the young ones wedding vows don't last for seven years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
PeterH
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Peter, or they just don't bother getting married these days.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

pet-els wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 am They would have to ask older people as the young ones wedding vows don't last for seven years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PeterH
Probably right. Marriage these days seems to have an expiration date. It seems to be “... till I get mad at/sick of you/find someone else.”
We got our licence 44 years ago, when it was “...till death do us part.” Still smiling.
😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

In the dystopia books they are called contracts and have a defined end date and contract breaking clauses ..... marriage is sometimes mentioned when they dive into the ancient history books about before the ...... what ever it was that changed life forever. In general, the contract seems to be for long enough to raise the child to a point where they become a useful member in society and earn their own way .... something current times should consider adopting, it might help with actual parenting directed towards getting the child to the point they can actually get by on their own and be a useful self supporting member of society ..... a rare thing for the last few generations ...... Of course there is the other side of the coin, keeping the kids at home might lead to a longer life than going to a nursing home just lately ...... careful wording in that contract would be advisable as well :twisted:

T1 Terry