Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Thought for Today

Post by Greynomad »

Everyone who believes in psychokinesis,
Raise my hand. :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I should not be awake at this time of the day. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Pass the test...

Post by Chuck »

I have a job.

I work & they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the Government distributes them as they see fit.

In order for me to get paid I have to pass a random urine test - with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So here's my question:

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get welfare money... because I had to pass one to earn it for them?

I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone, sitting on their arse & doing drugs while I work for them.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if these wankers had to pass a urine test each time before collecting their public money.

We could call the programme.....

URINE OR YOU'R OUT!!!

Oh yes... & all politicians should comply as well.

**Obtained from another source - author is unknown.**

But I kinda like the idea.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

hands up who is profitting from shares in big corperations who dont pay tax.
Buy me a beer next time we meet, I am over supporting this country for you.
And me (not pointing the finger, just as guilty)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Pass the test...

Post by T1 Terry »

Chuck wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:23 am I have a job.

I work & they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the Government distributes them as they see fit.

In order for me to get paid I have to pass a random urine test - with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So here's my question:

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get welfare money... because I had to pass one to earn it for them?

I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone, sitting on their arse & doing drugs while I work for them.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if these wankers had to pass a urine test each time before collecting their public money.

We could call the programme.....

URINE OR YOU'R OUT!!!

Oh yes... & all politicians should comply as well.

**Obtained from another source - author is unknown.**

But I kinda like the idea.
Look at it another way. While some of the social security recipients get a share of your tax $$ and use it to drug themselves into a sense of numbness that allows them to stay out of any other trouble, it's really cheap insurance. Take the dole cheque off them and they will start getting the money by some other easier method than actually getting a job and paying taxes, like robbing you on the street or breaking into your house or stealing your vehicle and selling it to someone who will strip it for parts. You might have insurance to cover the financial loss but it will never cover the emotional upheaval or the physical injury that might come along with the robbery. The amount of your tax that goes to keeping these people self medicated wouldn't be near the amount your insurance premiums would go up either. One of those hard pills to swallow, the dole might be the cheapest method to keep them out of your life.
As for politicians having o be drug tested, I'm all for that ;) 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Chucks post and T1's response both make good sense.
But, it pisses me off that some ....person.. who won't get a job get paid to do nothing all day! All at our collective expense.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Edzachary Dave... spot on !
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:43 pm Chucks post and T1's response both make good sense.
But, it pisses me off that some ....person.. who won't get a job get paid to do nothing all day! All at our collective expense.
They won't ever be home owners unless mum and dad leave it to them, but I doubt they would be able to hold on to it anyway because they would no longer get rental assistance. There are very limited areas they can live because they simply don't have the income to pay the rent in the better areas and public housing is just about non existent to the majority with 5 yr plus waiting lists. Certainly wouldn't want to live my life like that and have the retirement prospects being no better. I sort of understand why they end up in the drug spiral that keeps them down that path to nowhere, the depression must be unbearable after a while.
You need a good mental base to hold on through the unemployed times till the next job comes along, if they have never had a job and go straight from school to the dole, the chances of them ever climbing out of that hole get smaller and smaller as each yr passes.
If the govt hadn't axed the apprenticeship support that made it a viable proposition for large companies like BHP in Wollongong to soak up a heap of the school leavers so there were job opportunities for those who weren't apprentice material to get a job, things would be very different. Short term gain for long term pain, we simply no longer have the manufacturing base to reverse that now.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Once again T1 you have hit the nail squarely on the head. The downward spiral is almost irreversible now. And the social divide will only get wider and wider.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Spot on Terry. And my high school teacher daughter tells me she's now dealing with second generation Centrelink kids. What hope have they got?
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it