Model Train Exibition

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
RobertNotBob

Model Train Exibition

Post by RobertNotBob »

For those interested there will be a model train exibition this Saturday and Sunday at the Hub Recreation Centre, 100 Taylor Road, Aborfoyle Park. Quite a few different set ups to view and should be a interesting display. Robert
Last edited by RobertNotBob on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homeless

Re: Model Train Exibition

Post by homeless »

Use to have a layout 16ft by 14 ft in a cellar in my old home. Was all cut up when I left the missus. Still have all the locos and rolling stock etc but will be giving to a club here in Adelaide. Many brass locos and most locos re powered with cam motors and a command control system that we developed almost 40 years ago. Still go to a few layouts when I am in Adelaide and still get amazed at the development in control systems and what you can now do.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Once we get the house in Happy Valley (19/10) I have to build a shed and will then start doing my lay out. In the mean time I will do a simple DC control layout in the garage for the grand daught. Will be a learning curve for me for the Bigger setup in the shed.

Where abouts in Adelaide are you. Cheers Robert
homeless

Post by homeless »

I am house sitting in Modbury for a couple of weeks. Have a large shed in the back yard with a lay out but has been sitting for a few years as he has gone onto old radios. I might have a few trains you might like. They are at Mannum in the shed at the moment. Mainly American Burlington throughout the years ranging from Chicago Burlington and Quincy , Burlington Route through to great northern and the many stages in the middle. Have steam from the ceremony with the joining of the railways in America, all types of steam from 0-4-0 to big boys and Challengers as well as all types of diesel from switchers to large modern versions but now over 30 years old. I have hundreds of rolling stock from old and new passenger to reefers, box cars and hoppers etc.as well as a huge bundle of flexy track and many small bits like cars trucks signals and lights etc. I used to make all my own points etc by hand and make them to the track not make the track to suit the points LOL.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

For the last thirty years I have been building my On30 logging layout in a large shed in the backyard,have got to the stage I consider it finished,even though modelers say you never finish.D.C.C is wonderful technology and easy to use.If anyone interested in having a look and passing through South Gippsland send a PM.......................Peter.