Daylight Saving

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
mottleemob

Daylight Saving

Post by mottleemob »

Daylight savings put back a week this year. Does anyone know why?
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
RobertNotBob

Re: Daylight Saving

Post by RobertNotBob »

I think you will find it is correct Phil, first Sunday in October is the change over not the 1st October. This is the way I read it, could be wrong. Cheers
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

mottleemob wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:01 pm Daylight savings put back a week this year. Does anyone know why?
cheers Phil
Scomo has only just taken over and hasn't reset his internal clock yet so he gets up an hr earlier, much like the reason Qld doesn't have daylight saving :lol:
or
The new energy minister needs to factor in the sun coming up an hr earlier and shining on the solar panel and still shining on them an hr later at night, completely wrecking his proposal to the electrickery generators about increasing their share of the market now he is stopping the wind from blowing :?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I thought the pollies were going to reduce the cost of electricity by standing in front of a wind turbine every time they rose to speak in parliament...
At least that would solve the problem of "No wind = No Power"............................................ :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Probably another way for our pollies to reduce power costs would be stand on the roof in front of solar panels, naked from the waist down and bend over on cloudy days.(let the sun shine out of their a%$e)................Peter.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Not one of the last three post were any help to the OP, now what forum does that remind me of. Cheers and safe travel Robert
mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

RobertNotBob wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:43 pm Not one of the last three post were any help to the OP, now what forum does that remind me of. Cheers and safe travel Robert
:o Good one. I always thought it started on the long weekend. Oh well I an wrong again. :lol:
cheers Phil
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
Dot

Post by Dot »

RobertNotBob wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:43 pm Not one of the last three post were any help to the OP, now what forum does that remind me of. Cheers and safe travel Robert
Don't you start Robert, ;) you should know by now that Phil can't be helped :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

We can but try Dot I know it is hard but try we must. Cheers
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hmmm.... not the one where the next 10 posts copy and paste the last one complete with each additions and adds, that is correct even if it isn't, or write a page long post saying exactly the same thing with all sorts of crap about how bad daylight saving is etc etc The on the second page someone links a Wiki article about why it really is that way but it actually has nothing to do with the original question but more to do with the long winded post earlier, then a great battle starts, someone posts up about popcorn and the thread gets locked without the correct answer ever being provided ..... so I'm not quite sure which forum you were referring to Robert :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO