My health record.

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: My health record.

Post by Greynomad »

When my cancer was diagnosed we were asked if I had private health insurance.
We asked if it would make any difference to my treatment.
“No. Same ward, same doctors. Just that you’ll get bills from the drs & x-ray Dept.”
So we said no, I don’t have any.
We subsequently dropped the private insurance.
I have not had any for the past 25 years, and ALWAYS had top class and immediate care when things go ar$e-up.
And having moved to regional Victoria, the waiting list for surgery on stuff not related to my cancer has been a maximum of 3~5 weeks!
Even for SWMBO....
We’re happy. 🤗
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We have never had private cover .
Not old enough yet .
Bernie .
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

native pepper wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:10 pm Decided to opt out after talking to a couple of others,
IMO, for what it's worth .... probably a wise decision.

A year or three back my wife was working for the GP practice where my GP is. The practice was struggling financially following the death of one of the GP's. Wife suggested I sign up for the 'My Health Record' as each patient who did so helped the practice's income. Until then I had not been overkeen on the idea, but in the interests of keeping my wife employed I convinced myself that it would be useful to have a My Health Record once we commenced full time travel. The reality is, however, as others have described in this thread, quite different. The amount of work for a practice to undertake to get each patient's history into their My health Record is phenomenal, & the reality is that it doesn't happen. In my case there is a record of medication prescribed, along with dates since signing up, but that is pretty much it! Enough for other government departments to ensure I'm not a doctor shopping drug addict, but *nothing* whatsoever which will be of any use to me. I had thought that having a good record of past illness/conditions, surgery, allergies & drug reactions etc which a GP anywhere in the country could access should I rock up to their surgery sounded very useful, but it just isn't like that despite any government rhetoric suggesting otherwise. Twice whilst travelling I have seen medicos & told them that I had a My Health record. One in Tassie tried to access it, but was unable to, & one up here in Broome accessed it, but found nothing more than my list of medications. Result for me was the need to go through the process of a full interview to give a medical history, a 'long consultation' - for which I had to pay extra, just to get a referral locally because the hospital weren't prepared to accept a written referral I had carried with me from my GP in Victoria. So they had to 're-invent the wheel' at my expense. Government will blame those who are supposed to input the info into the My Health Records whilst failing to fund them for the enormous amount of extra time to do it. I must look into whether it's possible to 'opt out' once you're in.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Cuppa wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:10 pm I must look into whether it's possible to 'opt out' once you're in.
I had one, DVA gave me one when they were first trialing it. When in RHH they were able to access my doctors records, but not my health record. So today opted out and it worked fine. Was told in RHH accessing my doctor directly was easy, but not the government ones.

My hand is getting better by the day, can now play a bit of guitar but little finger is still just like a log of wood. Feeling is slowly coming back and swelling going down, along with sharp pain that drives me crazy at times. Am told by physio that's the nerves re-establishing themselves, once that happens the tendons will relax and I'll get more movement.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I must look into whether it's possible to 'opt out' once you're in.
Yes, it is, Cuppa.
Go to <myhealthrecord.vic.gov.au> and follow the instructions. :P
Or maybe leave out the "vic" like www.myhealthrecord.gov.au
Last edited by BruceS on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed address
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
homeless

Post by homeless »

There must be record somewhere as when I got the new drivers license form it stated that they knew I had a neurological complaint. Bloody nosy parkers. Got around the doc even thought he does not like me as I am a naughty boy in his eyes LOL.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Native Pepper how is the hand doing
HTFFBO [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Got around the doc even thought he does not like me as I am a naughty boy in his eyes
Where there's a will...

Even though part of my chemo was once-a-week 'aerial' pills which kept me awake for 30 hrs unless I took sleepers, :shock: I convinced the Doc to certify that I was still safe to drive, ;) by explaining to him that I knew when I shouldn't drive & SWMBO would take the wheel.
Now that I'm off all prescription meds, I no longer need a letter from the Doc to keep my licence. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Until you get to seventy five [75].
Then driving test at eighty five [85].
NSW.

PeterH
PeterH
slug

Post by slug »

Drs have to let licence mobs know if you have a serious health issue that could affect your driving
I have to have a medical every year, silly me told them. But I was driving kids around in a privite school bus on excursions
Just wasn't worth the fallout if somthing went wrong, 100 parents wanting your blood on return was to scarey :D
James & Maureen
1986 M A N 16-280, Turbo, 5 Speed manual, Air Suspension, 12.2m under conversion