Xmas is Nearly Here

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
mottleemob

Xmas is Nearly Here

Post by mottleemob »

Hope everyone has a wonderful Xmas. Please stay safe if you are on the roads with some of the idiots that are out there.
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
Coolabah1au

Re: Xmas is Nearly Here

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes ok thanks [emoji319][emoji319][emoji319][emoji178]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Today is the start of the crazy season on the road. School holidays start today in SA and probably the rest of Australia would probably be around the same. Dad or mum has been working all day and then frantically packing the car/caravan/motorhome/camper trailer and packing in the very excited kids, and off they go. 5 mins up the road the "are we there yet" start and both driver and navigator start getting peeved about all the traffic and the kids and ....... Concentration and good sense goes out the window and is replaced with, "just get there are quick as possible, even if I have drive all night" forgetting they have just worked all day and maybe never drive at night any other time of the yr. A recipe for a few unhappy Christmas memories. The sooner the driverless cars become main stream the better, it will at least take that part of the equation. Hopefully they don't rely on Sensis mapping through or there will be a few heading up walking tracks of off into rivers or lakes :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Buh hum bug
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry your post is the exact enactment when you are heading off only minus the sprogs :lol: :!:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We NEVER travel in Girt during school holidays unless it is absolutely unavoidable.
Too many idiot drivers about.
Most of whom cannot comprehend the meaning of our enormous bumper sticker “DO NOT OVERTAKE TURNING VEHICLE”.
Most either think it doesn’t apply to them, or they don’t count roundabouts or left turns as “turning”. :roll: :evil:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Stay safe everyone. Yes they really are mad out there... we see them every year. We do drive a few hours to get the family all together and it's worth it in the end, but the rest of the traffic is driven by loonies and nutters. So stay away from them all xxx

Merry Christmas everyone.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 pm Terry your post is the exact enactment when you are heading off only minus the sprogs :lol: :!:
:lol: and we don't get the "are we there yet" cries from the back seat. I much prefer to drive at night, always have. You just need good lights that dazzle the 'roos and away you go. The Mazda has a single driving light with an LED aftermarket bulb installed. Turns night into day and lights up the post reflectors 1km up the road. we don't even get challenged by the truckies because they can see the ball of light before the crest the hill. Had a few idiots forget to dip their lights, a quick reminder seems to do the trick :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Had a few idiots forget to dip their lights, a quick reminder seems to do the trick
In my callow youth, I drove a Mini fitted with a single bitumen-melter. Range: 1.5 MILES.
Once came upon an approaching Jag Mk VII, with what appeared to be high beam.
I flashed my spotty at him,and he retaliated with THREE PAIRS of butumen-melters... in sequence. :shock:
Seems his boot was fully loaded. :oops:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

And so it is, Christmas is nearly upon us now. Travel Safe all my forum friends. Make sure that you enjoy the season and make it safely back here next year. Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year. :D :D :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.