Apricots and deer

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

Apricots and deer

Post by Riverlander »

Have always dried few trays of apricots the old way. They are cut ,placed on a tray,put in a small tent with burning sulphur and put out to sun dry for about 3 days. To keep them away from the gum leaves that are always dropping on the home block I spread them out on the lawn on the other block. All good for 2 days and thought they would be OK to pick up next day. Next morning I had a look and about a third were missing and the rest were a bit messed up. Discovered the feral deers had a feed. Not happy as the rest went into the bin. :x Have seen them around and always thought they were cute. Now I am wondering how they would look on the BBQ plate.
Cheers John
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Apricots and deer

Post by BruceS »

Oh No!!
I have a friend down Kingston way that is trying to keep them off his property.
He built a 7km 6ft high fence around it but now they are jumping over that.
He's in the process of adding another 18inches onto the height of it.
Barby sounds like the way to go!! Heart breaking for you John. :oops: :evil: :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvQFW9sHDAk
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

What is Miss Evie doing at night? she is supposed to be on guard duty. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Yes. I had a word to Miss Evie about it.
I felt sorry for Miss Evie during this heat and she has spent the last two days here at home under the air-con on my lounge chair.
Cheers John
Dot

Post by Dot »

Riverlander wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:50 pm Yes. I had a word to Miss Evie about it.
I felt sorry for Miss Evie during this heat and she has spent the last two days here at home under the air-con on my lounge chair.
Cheers John
Exactly where she should be.. You had another hot day I see 46 deg tooo hot for any pussy ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

And here I was thinking it was a new wild game recipe :lol: I thought about planting out a few vegies and pumpkin vines down by the river but today there are a heap of diggings around the spot I'd cleared, so looks like we have some wild critters around our way as well
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

There are now feral deer in places that not long ago you would not believe probable. And they have no road sense. There isn't really a safe way to remove them from urban areas that keeps everyone happy. If they get into your fruit trees they will really knock them about.
Ethical removal is the only answer.

Bruce, that isn't a deer in the clip, don't dong them or you may get into trouble. :lol: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:04 pm There are now feral deer in places that not long ago you would not believe probable. And they have no road sense. There isn't really a safe way to remove them from urban areas that keeps everyone happy. If they get into your fruit trees they will really knock them about.
Ethical removal is the only answer.

Bruce, that isn't a deer in the clip, don't dong them or you may get into trouble. :lol: :lol:
Why not herd them up and take them for slaughter? The ones down around the Illawarra were good eating and required no farming at all, selective culling to restock the freezer seems a sensible solution to sorting out the rabbit, kangaroo and deer problems.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry don't forget to put the feral humans on your list.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:43 pm Terry don't forget to put the feral humans on your list.
"Long pig" hasn't been on the menu for quite a few years now since the islands became more civilised.
Records have it that the Yellow Men were considered a rare delicacy to some Northern Tribes.
I believe it's actually frowned upon by the law makers these days.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.