Changing of the Guard...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Changing of the Guard...

Post by Greynomad »

:(
Forecast for Rutherglen tomorrow is 43.
Betcha our veranda sensor hits 48 at least...

BTW, what odds on a Raffa/Djoker final?!?!?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Rafa v the young Greek was a bit of a letdown wasn't it? He didn't seem to want to win did he? Regardless of who gets into the final it is sure to be a good game.
Ray, make sure that you stay well hydrated and keep out of the sun. All you southerners are getting a fair old roasting at the mo'.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ray, make sure that you stay well hydrated and keep out of the sun. All you southerners are getting a fair old roasting at the mo'.
Thanks for the advice, David. But I'm well ahead of you! :)
My stocks of James Boag are dwindling alarmingly! ;)
Might have to start on the ALDI brew I reserve for visitors. :lol:
Currently 47 here. At 0800 it was already 32!
Cool change promised for Sunday... 32. :roll:
Might have to break out the woollies! :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Well,
It looks like this is not the year of the next gen.
Deja vu, it's 2012 again: the Mad Spaniard vs the Slick Serb.
Roll on Sunday evening.....
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Should be a great battle of the legends, may the best player win.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:32 am Rafa v the young Greek was a bit of a letdown wasn't it? He didn't seem to want to win did he? Regardless of who gets into the final it is sure to be a good game.
It's the extra hr of sunshine, not only fades the curtains but it's drying the place out so much the grass is dying. Now it's boiling the fish while they're still in the water, govt didn't think this through proper did they :roll: Ya don't see this sort of thing happening in Qld eh, Joe was careful to keep his butt covered until a respectable hr .... though I don't remember it being this bad 10 yrs ago, so maybe Qld still haven't caught up yet :?
Yeah, I know it was about tennis but that stuff is are boring as test cricket, why don't they televise all the Big Bash games free to air, that's entertaining TV

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:54 pm

It's the extra hr of sunshine, not only fades the curtains but it's drying the place out so much the grass is dying. Now it's boiling the fish while they're still in the water, govt didn't think this through proper did they :roll: Ya don't see this sort of thing happening in Qld eh, Joe was careful to keep his butt covered until a respectable hr .... though I don't remember it being this bad 10 yrs ago, so maybe Qld still haven't caught up yet :? When EVER did the gubment think anything through properly. They (doesn't matter which side) can only ever think as far as the next election.
Yeah, I know it was about tennis but that stuff is are boring as test cricket, why don't they televise all the Big Bash games free to air, that's entertaining TV

T1 Terry
I don't think that the extra hour of sunlight is what is boiling the the fish. I reckon it is chemicals and other sh*t that finishes up in the waterways and depletes all the oxygen so the poor old Murray Cod have to float upside down and cark it! All starts at the cotton farms out west. Same lot that uses all the water so the mighty Murray River can rarely push out to the ocean.

I thought that all the BBL games were on free to air. We seem to get a lot of them up here in Joh country. But it's not really cricket is it!

And who are you all barracking for tonight Rafa or the Joker? I'm going for the Joker. :D :D :D

If I've missed upsetting somebody, just let me know! :roll: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What a ripper of a tennis match tonight. I am happy with the out come, Joka deserved this win. :D :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Certainly was a great match, Novak played unreal, he had Rafa rattled from the first set, Rafa just didn't seem to be able to handle Novak's game plan, all over for another year.
Shirley & Bruce.