One for Terry

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Swisslulu

One for Terry

Post by Swisslulu »

We spent the last few days in Brisbane to attend the Camping Expo and came across this in a nearby street.Image

It looked like a real Combi modified to blend in with the shop front.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: One for Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Wow, a Lombi (long Kombi) and a retro caravan all converted into mobile food stalls. Some would see it as a destruction of 2 icons, but it has been done quite well judging from the photo, and it increases the value of all the originals because it is yet another one removed from the available pool.
I guess I'll be one of those seen to be destroying an icon when I convert Kombi to electric drive, can't win 'em all eh 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

It’s not mobile Terry. It is attached to the building forming part of the facade. Those windows in the kombi are servery windows. I wonder what happened to the other half of each vehicle.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Did you look on the other side of the building? :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ah, well, then that is a disgraceful destruction of two iconic vehicles. Somewhere there is half a bay kombi feeling gutted at the moment :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO