Arctic Ocean warming alert...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Chuck

Arctic Ocean warming alert...

Post by Chuck »

"The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too
hot according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from the Consulate at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto
unheard of temperatures in the Arctic zone.

Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings
to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points
well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have
never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coast cities uninhabitable."

============

I must apologize.

I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922, as reported by the AP and published in
The Washington Post 96 years ago.

This must have been caused by the Model T Ford's emissions,

or possibly from horse and cattle farts.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
2foot6

Re: Arctic Ocean warming alert...

Post by 2foot6 »

Guess I will have to move to higher ground very soon........................Peter
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Arctic Ocean warming alert...

Post by T1 Terry »

They have never planned and argued about what countries had the rights to shipping lanes through the Arctic before, might have been too much ice there before. Was on the news complete with video of ships now travelling through there, and it is winter over that side of the planet isn't it?
That was the reason Trump wanted to buy Greenland and China is trying to figure out how it can a land mass there it can claim as a Chinese territory so they can control the shipping lanes.
This report was 5 yrs ago, note at the bottom they predicted then that the ice free would not occur till the middle of this century .... it isn't even 2020 yet, still think it isn't happening? Try Google Earth and check out the Nth Pole, they didn't have satellites then to show the world a close enough to real time photo ..... we do now

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO