Ready to Give Up

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Ready to Give Up

Post by Greynomad »

I throw up my hands in despair.
ABC NEWS24 — tonight’s 7:00pm news:
1062E9E8-D8DE-4004-91CC-54E5F4BF1E1E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Re: Ready to Give Up

Post by jon_d »

Which part Ray?
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Safety spelled “SAFTEY”!!! :) :roll: :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

I feel your pain Ray,I also find it frustrating.The ABC need to employ some staff that can spell,a week ago the ticker on the bottom of the screen for the morning news had a spelling mistake for ten minutes before they corrected it.The other TV stations have had their fair share of mistakes as well..................Peter.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I find it grates my nerves when I read on all the forums "I'm after advise".
Where the bloody hell has 'advice' gone to?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

What do you expect Ray? it is Victoria for goodness sake :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

"If you can read this, thank a teacher". Ed Degree kids doing one of my courses as an elective would regularly turned in assignments that were full of grammar and spelling mistakes. These kids were using Microsoft Word on the Uni computers to write their assignments.

Iza
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Ohhh, I see it know. :D :D
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Izabarack wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:33 am "If you can read this, thank a teacher". Ed Degree kids doing one of my courses as an elective would regularly turned in assignments that were full of grammar and spelling mistakes. These kids were using Microsoft Word on the Uni computers to write their assignments.

Iza
:) :)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Izabarack wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:33 am "If you can read this, thank a teacher". Ed Degree kids doing one of my courses as an elective would regularly turned in assignments that were full of grammar and spelling mistakes. These kids were using Microsoft Word on the Uni computers to write their assignments.

Iza
If you can read it no matter how poor the spelling and grammar is, thank both the language teacher and a mind that can reassemble the whole mish-mash and still make some sense out of it. Those writing newspaper articles that try to appear a step above the readers by using a rarely used word, then getting the meaning completely wrong so it didn't fit in where they had used it, probably amuse me the most. They send me off to Dr Google to decipher the meaning of the word used, then try to fit that meaning into the text and often it has either no relevance at all or actually the opposite meaning :lol:
Kindle books on the phone is a great tool from looking up the big words in an attempt to make sense of the scene the writer is attempting to set, yet what ever conversion program that is used often misses words that are required to follow the sentence flow so you have to mentally add them to see what was actually being said.
As far as poor spelling and obvious typos, not a big issue if you can still figure out what they were attempting to say in a particular piece of text.
I must give the grammar police a heap of fuel to keep them fired up with my extra long sentences, just separated by a coma, sort of like this :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO