Mobile phone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

Mobile phone

Post by Shirley »

Need to purchase a new mobile phone for Bruce, doesn't need to be smart just a phone, recommendations please :D
Shirley & Bruce.
El Gringo

Re: Mobile phone

Post by El Gringo »

I got an old style phone for dad from BigW.
Basically just a small screen and old style buttons.
I actually have it for sale if your interested, but otherwise just check them out in store.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/seaford ... 1235011017

Cheers,
Bernie B
I plan to stop procrastinating tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It took me a long while to submit to using a smart phone and I still can't use half the features, even though the younger generation would consider it to be a dinosaur era model. It is Margaret's hand me down Samsung S5 with a dual sim, although the other sim slot is empty at the moment.
The great thing was it being Margaret's hand me down, she knew how everything worked and would patiently, and some times not quite so patiently, show me how to drive it and gradually some of the other features.
So, my advice, get yourself a new phone and pass your phone on to Bruce. Be prepared for the hissy fits when he can't get it do what he wants (rather than doing what he asked for with the choice of button presses ;) ) and he will gradually get the hang of it, even if he only ever uses it as a phone.
The best trick Margaret added to my phone was the button press at the bottom turning it on and answering a call, rather than the swipe that is still a hit and miss for me after quite a few yrs
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks for the advice, Bruce has a Samsung he has had it several years & still at times has trouble with it :D :D mainly only uses same to talk to our son.
Terry I have an Apple phone & I'm sure that he wouldn't master using it.
I will have a look at Big W & other stores next time I'm shopping.
Shirley & Bruce.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Shirley, if he has one why does he need another?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Dot

Post by Dot »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:49 pm Shirley, if he has one why does he need another?

George
Oh George :roll: The answer to that question is "Because he is a male" :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:12 pm Thanks for the advice, Bruce has a Samsung he has had it several years & still at times has trouble with it :D :D mainly only uses same to talk to our son.
Terry I have an Apple phone & I'm sure that he wouldn't master using it.
I will have a look at Big W & other stores next time I'm shopping.
Well, I'll thank you on behalf of Bruce for not lumbing him with an iphone that is more than 6mths old, it would already have issues because it's not the latest and greatest :lol:

I stuck with "dumb" phones for yrs, never wanted or needed the added bits a "smart phone" could do .... until people started sending me pictures or I had to take a photo of something ..... I still hate the thing, but because it is also my computer hotspot and Kindle reader, I have to remember to take it home and bring it back to work the next day .... and it's always asking to be charged, even though it stays on charge most of the day.
The dumb phone never seemed to require charging as often ....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

:lol:
:lol: happy with my old iPhone Terry, I know how to use it.
Shirley & Bruce.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes up date every year were possible [emoji390] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk