Dead

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Mrcoolabah1au

Dead

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Well look that way just had a look at the battery today no life from battery monitor or bms no life in the junsi 😡
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Dead

Post by BruceS »

Did you forget to turn off the fridge?
Maybe the mechanics isolated the battery?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

No mate turn of everything the day it broke clean out freezer and fridge then turn off solar panels so all this time with out solar [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter and Sandra

Post by Peter and Sandra »

You really need to disconnect EVERYTHING including the Junsi and any other monitors, gas alarms etc as even the slightest drain will eventually drain the batteries completely.
I have a master battery switch which disconnects EVERYTHING except the Junsi which is disconnected by unplugging it! The same for the solar, it has its own master switch.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Thank yes terry told me about it but the bus [emoji589] was just to for away to check everything did fridge and solar but left junsi and victron on so it has drained all [emoji35]

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The biggest drain that no one realises will kill the battery is an inverter. Even if it is turned off, it still draws power to keep the circuitry ready and the capacitors charged so it is always alive, even after the low battery cut out voltage is reached.

We might need to upgrade the system when you visit next time so it has a battery isolator and a complete system shut down switch that turns the battery monitoring stuff off as well.
Been thinking about adding this to the system but wasn't sure it was needed. You aren't the first person to end up with a drained battery because it was in a shed for repairs for wekks that turned into mths. A tough call between making the system over complex and even more expensive, to covering all possibilities

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Ok mate agree with the upgrade but cost will kill us unless you have time payment
The last you updated it was a couple of years ago at the moment my system victron , junsi , Kemo timer with 300ah Li
So the question is what first
400 ah
Proper bms
T1 box
Battery shut off switch [emoji848]

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Coolabah1au wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:00 pm Ok mate agree with the upgrade but cost will kill us unless you have time payment
The last you updated it was a couple of years ago at the moment my system victron , junsi , Kemo timer with 300ah Li
So the question is what first
400 ah
Proper bms
T1 box
Battery shut off switch [emoji848]

High heels, short skirt and fishnet stockings, but best shave the legs first, then work the corner were the street light's broken .... and take the bucket of 5 cents pieces to the bank to change it into $20 notes each week till you've saved up enough money .... to pay for the high heels, short skirt and stockings :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Will the batteries be ok?
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Don’t know till I pick it up I did turn of solar ,fridge ,battery monitor, water pump hopefully some life will be in them when I put the battery charger on [emoji848]