Lovely Rain

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Lovely Rain

Post by BernieQ2 »

Stop showing off Cuppa .
Bernie .
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I don't know if it is rain but our back deck seems to be getting damp in spots.

[edit] The spots have merged. :)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Hope it's not that leaky water pipe again.

(had a little here last night.)
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes we have supposed.8 last night 💦 might go and see if the ground is wet 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Dribbled around all night and still a bit misty this morning. Ended up with 12 mm. :) Freshened the area up and washed the dust off.
Cheers John
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:15 pm Cuppa we certainly don't want that area to burn & it is the wet season. :D
You're right Shirley we don't want it to burn, but rainforests in Australia already have burned, & just last week MrsTea & I were talking about how possible it would be for the same to happen here, not having had much in the way of rain over November & December - things had dried out immensely & the forest was looking pretty sad (& inflammable). We are not certain about what constitutes the Wet Season. If the reference is to when the Monsoon trough brings heaps of rain, we are not yet in the Wet season. The 225mm over a couple of days is the first good rain we've had & you could almost feel the forest breathing a sigh of relief. The Monsoon is expected around the end of January - later than usual.
BernieQ wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:07 am Stop showing off Cuppa .
Bernie .
If ya got it flaunt it Bernie. ;)
Seriously it was great to get it, everyone thinks of Tropical rainforest as being permanently wet but you need regular rainfall for that. Without it things dry off very quickly. 200mm here is probably much like anywhere else getting 40 or 50mm. I'll be back to watering the vegie garden tomorrow.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It rained enough here on Sunday to be a nuisance and nothing more. If it made it to the water tanks I'd be surprised, just stopped me getting on the roof to do the solar :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Cuppa, It looks like you might be going to get your first cyclone of the season very soon. Are you ready for it yet?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We are still only being tormented with short rainfalls, we definitely need constant rainfall for a few days, fingers crossed, everywhere is so dry.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

They are telling us to expect some from Saturday arvo through to Sunday. I just hope someone gets some to do some good.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.