Mobile phone plan

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: Mobile phone plan

Post by native pepper »

Sadly telstar and optus are buying up all the little providers, soon it will be just the conglomerates under different names, but the same crap expensive services and no one is doing anything about it, they call it competition. Optus has just bought amaysim so two of the best and cheapest providers are now owned by the duopoly. They are already pushing 6-12 month plans which they claim are great, but when you do the sums, they are not so great for the average person, so think after more than a decade with amaysim going to move to another independent if can find one cheap enough.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Well, here I am still without my mobile. Decided to go with Dodo, no data, $5/month. Sim cards were supposedly sent 1/12, still not received as of 11/12 and now, after wasting a couple of hours today, they are going to send more sims via post. :evil:

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

George, you can get sim cards for dodo, amaysim and most other providers at PO's, coles, woolworths and most news agents. All you have to do is register it and off you go.
Newcastle George

Not at Coles or Woolies.

George
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Current

Boost 80Gb for $150 lasts 12 months - Julie's iPad (includes unlimited phone calls too, but to much stuffing around to switch the sim into the back & forth to the phone

Amaysim - Unlimited calls/txts & 1.5Gb a month on Julie's phone $3 per month for first 4 months the $10 per month if we keep it going.

Boost $40 per month for 30Gb , unused rolls over to following month up to max of 30Gb - I now have 60Gb available to me at the beginnijg of each month as a result.Use as hotspot for my laptop.
Newcastle George

Cuppa, I had the 30g for $30 direct debit but at the end of 12 months they stopped taking the cash and without any notice disconnected me.

George
Bow

Post by Bow »

Just set up auto recharge on the boost app.
When your travelling boost/Telstra is the only phone worth having.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Bow wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:47 amWhen your travelling boost/Telstra is the only phone worth having.
I've often read similar and logically, it makes sense. Largest Telco and all that.
But back in April, I purchased a dual SIM phone. Sim 1 is Optus. Sim 2 is Boost.

I've been fascinated to watch the signal strength of both carriers.
Most often they're both line ball, but on numerous occasions, one is almost nonexistent while the other is 5 bars and there's no perceivable pattern that one is better than the other.

I've even seen instances where while I'm watching one signal drops right off while the other suddenly gains strength.

Now, here's a situation with no variables. Same phone, same position at the exact same time.

I draw no conclusion. Just found it interesting.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it