President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Izabarack

Re: President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Post by Izabarack »

2foot6 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:20 pm ...... there are 735,287 infections .........
That they know of, against a background of not much testing.

Going to be interesting in two weeks when the Liberate protesters test positive. The Orange Clown has already indicated he will withhold equipment and supplies from the states where these protest have been taking place.

Iza
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Noggins wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:35 pm I have my own thoughts about many of the leaders of the world , but I have never sought out a crowd that agrees with me so that I can have a "feel good moment " when I publicly display my biases, or accolades , about the world's leaders.

So the world is in the shite at the moment and some countries are doing better , or worse , than others, and we all have our opinion about them , but remember opinions are like *rse holes , and it's not a good idea to show the world your *rs hole at the best of times.
( line deleted about their product )

So repeating a sentiment on an earlier different post
If you think you can do better get up from behind your fortress keyboard and actually do something about it instead of the constant derogatory sniping that's going on here.

Ron
Don't think anyone here is searching out groups who agree with them and opinions are not like what you claim, they are peoples view on things and always worthy of note. In this case and when you consider it is the leaders of the world that have brought this upon the planet, they deserve what they get. As for president Rump, he just represents the situation very credibly, stuffed.

Globalisation, free trade, denial of environmental destruction, abuse of life, population increases purely for economic gain, or in other words profit growth at any cost. These are the things pushed by all governments that has created the perfect scenario for viral outbreaks and the growing number of unnatural calamities, which include fire storms and the many other dramatic changes in weather patterns.

According to the science, this is the only time in the planets history where the climate has been stable for thousands of years. However our great leaders in their ideological wisdom, have ignored that and changed the natural balance and stable climate on earth which has taken billions of years to establish. Now we are increasingly seeing, devastation of eco systems, food chains and the environment and it has only just begun. As soon as this virus situation settles, they will continue down the same track without hesitation and nothing will change their direction. They live in a denialist world of elitism and superiority delusion.

Donald Rump, is a perfect reflection of the aresholes of the world, as are all our leaders and nothing will change. No matter what any of them claim, elitism and profit growth at any cost are all they are interested in and that's a death knell for humanity and most other life on earth.

Every country on the planet has election systems which deprive the people of a valid vote, or no vote at all. Until that changes nothing else will and this virus is only one of many more to come, this is the third virus outbreak in less than 10 years. A look at history will show you pandemics come along once every couple of hundred years and all are associated with human lifestyles and approaches, now they are coming every couple of years and getting deadlier each time a new strain evolves.

We all know where this outbreak occurred, yet the very places they breed, have resumed operation and are back to normal practices. Nothing has or will change to stop the development, incubation and release into the human population of viral infections. Our own government will open our borders to protect the economic profit growth of their vested interests, which when you add everything up, is the most stupid thing they could do.

It has also shown up how reliant this country is on other countries for its technological and fuel commodities, we have virtually no manufacturing industries and have no way of supporting out standard of living when we rely upon overseas to provide for us.

The comments on the Rump are valid, as are the comments on any current or past leader going back many centuries. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to be able to see where this is all based, just one look at the ideological beliefs of all world leaders gives us the answer behind all the planets ills. Rump is just one pathetic example and one of many worldwide, of the state of world leadership, totally stuffed.

As for claiming people should do something themselves, what do you suggest considering all the power is controlled and there is no way we can get rid of the political system we have. Unless there is a revolution and that's about as likely in Aus, as flying to the moon on a broom stick.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Hmmm
Scratched a few egos Didn't I

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ron,
I have been gobsmacked by two things:
1. That the American people are so gullible that they actually elected President Clown.
2. His popularity ratings remain high despite university fact-checkers having proved that his pronouncements are lies again and again.
His latest pronouncement was not only wrong, but (as I pointed out above) illogical. Yet the people still believe and apparently love him.
As I have posted elsewhere, voters get the government they deserve. (And that applies to all countries, not just the USA, although they are an outstanding example.)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... DAQXJTwlUU

Ron, this link takes you to quite a long read about the hows & where's that Trump has let both his constituents & the world down in this Pandemic. Not sure whether you will be prepared to change your views, but it is a good read IMO. Since it was written he has gone on to 'encourage' non socially distanced protests by Americans in several states. I cannot decide whether he is just incompetent, just narcissistic to the level of placing his own ego above so many thousands of lives, or whether he is simply evil enough to place the economy (corporate profits) above the lives of those he is supposed to represent.

From the outset he has referenced the process of managing the pandemic as 'a War on the virus'. Catchy & easy to accept-making the virus the enemy..... but there is one thing that all leaders in history have in common when they declare war - at some point they make a decision about what is an acceptable number of casualties. It is something which is part & parcel of warmongering. Using the lives of others to be able to WIN. Later the dead will be called heroes, those who 'took one' for the cause. But they were never asked. Many countries around the world, Australia included, have goals to minimise Corona deaths, & largely, even if through gritted teeth, place people's health before profits. Trump stands out as doing the opposite. That to me is beyond his incompetence & narcissism - he is evil, willing to sacrifice the lives of people, & willing to manipulate the dumbed down redneck electorate even though they will likely just become more war casualties. You may choose to take me up on my description of those doing his dirty work as rednecks....... but this term is not something I use as a term of abuse, only to describe a large subset of Americans who for many reasons are poorly educated & very narrow in their thinking, making them easily manipulated & led by catchphrases & headlines.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Bruce I believe the prediction for sea level rise, was for the end of this century, not today. Whether it has risen is debatable and according to the science, it will occur differently across the globe. Where I live, it has already risen a few centimeters and we know according two to places.

The first is dead mans island at port Arthur, back in the early 19th century a naval officer chiseled deep high and low water marks on the side of a solid rock wall rising from the water. When I first saw it, a few decades ago, the marks represented truly. However last year coming back from our annual tuna fishing expedition, which included a debate between some on board I decided to change course and check the marks out and it was about 1+1/2hrs before high tide at the time. We were all surprised to see the high water mark was below the water level, which was on the shore side of the island so a pretty calm area and it was over by a few centimeters at least then. :?

The next gauge we have is the Nubeena Wharf, which was constructed about 10 years ago and designed for the summer spring tides to be 1m below the wharf deck. Now when the spring tides come, everyone moves their boats off the wharf, otherwise they could tip over onto the wharf deck, which at high tide and a big storm outside in Storm bay, water laps over the wharf deck. :o

Yet if you walk round the beaches or look at things from off shore, doesn't look like any sea rise at all and that's what I thought until dead mans island. There were always reasons we could think of with the wharf and in a big spring tide, parts of the Port Arthur site are now inundated with water. Something that has never happened in the 200 years it has sat there. :shock:

We are all in denial with some facts and realities in life, it's how we try to cope with the ever changing reality that is this earth and universe. All we can do is learn and adapt to whatever comes along and if we watch what is happening everywhere that will continue into the foreseeable future, add them up and look at the science. We can get a pretty good indication of the possibilities ahead and from that, the probabilities. Then we prepare for them as best we can that will not interrupt our or other lives much and still have a good time. ;)

I'm particularly pissed off with all this virus business, yet at my age, one can't afford to go down with something as devastating as these viruses and the deadly effect on older people. I'm really fit and healthy for my age, but not stupid and neither are those who see the Rump as a deranged pathological psychopathic elitist drop kick. I realise these viruses could easily kill me as our immune system deteriorates as we age. Think it's called natural attrition and here I am raving away, because I'm bored shitless. We can't play anywhere and it looks like that will be the case for many more weeks. Playing music to people is what I love most in life, we put off tours because broke my left hand a couple of years ago. Now can play again, even with a stiff little finger and we rescheduled the tour for this year, in fact this month. So the bastards shut everything down and idiots keep spreading it everywhere up the north west. :twisted:

So the Rump is the rump, the arse end of USA thinking and is destroying a once great nation. He wants to open up society because all his hotels and golf courses aren't earning any money they are all shut. :roll:

Time to split some wood, take the dog for a walk and hopefully not get drowned in the process as the suns setting. My apologies for the raves, but that's what boredom does to you. :o :lol:
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Cuppa wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:43 pm https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... DAQXJTwlUU

Cuppa
While I have respect for you as another worthy caravanner I think some of the above link needs a bit of clarifying.

Trumph , like all leaders in the democratic world have a team of advisers that sometimes actually give good advise , their leader puts this advise into words of his own and passes the advise on to the public as policy.
Sometimes this works , sometimes not.
( This will mainly be judged in hindsight where we all have 20/20 vision. )

And then the leader is judged to have thought this all up by them selves, mainly by some that don't realise there's a team , for good or not, that make a lot of their leaders statements a hugely personal statement !

Seems to me Trumph's team, in hindsight. did not give good advise and as he's the spokesperson for that team, what ever he says is deemed to be a direct link to his personal thoughts by some and subsequently lambasted publicly for having taken said advise.

So the above link , to me , never makes the point of a leader is the spokesperson of their advisory team.
Everything is supposed to come from Trumph himself.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

You make a fair point Ron.

But

Trump has handpicked a team of yes men, & fires those who say otherwise.
The buck stops with Trump as the President.
We are not privy to what goes on behind closed doors, but if Trump doesn't call the shots it's a fair guess that those who do do not have the interests of the population as their guide. It will be the big money end of town, the rich & the powerful. Plenty of evidence to show that his advisors are primarily from the far right wing & 'big money'

Whether or not Trump is a leader, a spokesperson or a puppet - the management of this pandemic in the US cannot be seen as anything but atrocious & callous. He & his crony 'advisors' are deserving of the electric chair.

Trump is the poster boy for the very worst of capitalism in a world which is driven by those who equate unsustainable growth with success ... at the expense of human lives, at the expense of our planet. It's been going on for years, but now it is no longer the black men & women in faraway countries who die daily to keep the pockets of the rich full. 'They are now 'us' whilst the real 'They' persist in trying to convince us that we are all the same.
Busman

Post by Busman »

It is a fact that Tim Flannery predicted massive sea level rises by now, but as soon as he was on the government teat, bought 2 waterfront blocks at Broken Bay. Makes you wonder ????????????????
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

native pepper wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:54 pm My apologies for the raves, but that's what boredom does to you. :o :lol:
Well, i'm quite enjoying your raves, even if I don't agree with some of what you say The responses you're getting are a nice balance as well, even if once again, I don't necessarily agree with every aspect.

So, don't shy away.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it