President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Post by native pepper »

Thanks Jim, don't usually post much, to busy most of the time. This virus has changed things for everyone.

The rain has stopped here, beautiful sunny day so will get into pulling the turbo of my cruiser and hopefully it will be the problem of sudden oil usage. Got a new one on the way and if it's not the oil seals in the turbo, a full engine rebuild is on the cards.

I like the idea of people not agreeing, it's how we share knowledge and idea's and would be a boring world if everyone agreed, making us all simple clones. It's logical people are in disagreement over this virus, but only the truly ideologically blind would fail to see the reality of the Rump. Rump is a reflection of the syndrome humanity is living in and that's denial of the reality of society, it's direction and application to the future.

Ideologues use the logic of hope, which we all know throughout history, hope is just empty delusion and never, has an ideological claim come true. One look at our politics over the last 50 years shows deluded hope is what politicians rely upon and they reinforce that empty hope with deception, lies and corrupt practices.

Most of us on the forum have memories of how things were 60+ years ago, jobs galore with a vibrant manufacturing industry producing high quality goods. Growing standard of living, relative safety on our streets and lots of free time for sport and family time with the 4 and a half day week. Cheap public transport because the people owned most of it including an airline and banks to keep corporations in line and stop price gouging and profit growth at any cost and not wall to wall people. The country virtually shutdown for 4 weeks each year and everyone was pretty happy.

Then our wonderful politicians sold off everything the people owned, so no more income from all those relevant industries, it goes into the pockets of just a few vested interests of the political system. This allowed political vested interests to drive profit growth, lower services, more expensive goods and services and allowing massive overseas corporations and governments to take over our resources, major industries, farms and businesses. Our once state of the art defence forces and industry is dead, we rely totally upon overseas interests to provide us with second rate expensive defence equipment and support.

To maintain profit growth at any cost, politicians removed controls over business allowing them free reign to raise prices as they see fit and reduce employment and services until they are almost non existent, other than to take our money. Now we pay to drive on roads, have a virtual police state that is dedicated to raising revenue from the people to keep pollies in power and the people suppressed.

This has brought us to this point where we are now confronted by deadly viruses, climate change, global warming, collapsing water ways and ecological systems. Which has provided the perfect environment for the Rumps of the world and that includes all world leaders, to do as they please and not be held accountable for anything they do. When caught out they get a slap on the wrist whilst everyone else would go to jail, then they retire on our money after wasting hundreds of billions of dollars during their time and again no accountability.

So their logical, like the Rumps is unbeatable, because they hold the power to suppress truth and accountability. Not a good sign for the future. Off to get oily and pissed off working on the cruiser, before the clouds come back and the rain. :)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Good to see that we can have a spirited debate on this forum without it descending into name-calling.
Congrats everyone!

BTW, Ron,
Please go to your dictionary & check the difference between advise and advice.

(See, I never retired... just stopped getting paid for it. :roll: )
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

What Native Pepper wrote.......................

For me that sums it all up...........Peter
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm Good to see that we can have a spirited debate on this forum without it descending into name-calling.
Congrats everyone!

BTW, Ron,

(See, I never retired... just stopped getting paid for it. :roll: ) :lol:
UHH-OHH fell short of the correct word, Dammn spell check :oops:
I'll have to install Grammarly ( https://www.grammarly.com/signup )
Humble apologies and advice taken :D

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Brucie2 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:39 pm Why is it that some on one side of the fence have to denigrate the other side.
I've always been very offended by the common use of "denyers" when it comes to a whole group of things.
ozone
carbon dioxide
tree felling
horses in Snowy River country
water in cotton fields
migrants from England (& elsewhere!)

Do I have to agree with EVERYTHING radicals come up with?
Some like to 'save' the beautiful natural state of our outback & then proceed to invade the same ares affecting the lives & territory of our early inhabitants.
Gees one even is trying to domesticate a wild chook!!!
Just one side of the fence Bruce?
Much the same with the use of the term 'radicals' Bruce ;)

We have been forced to give up our chook domesticating as it appears likely that the dingoes resolved the issue for us.

Ps. it's 'denier' (same as in 'stockings' but pronounced differently) .... not 'denyer'.

Often it is too easy for some to protest about feeling sleighted as a means of sidestepping the issues raised by folk with integrity. It is a means of derailing a debate by virtue of 'covertly' attempting to undermine integrity by namecalling. Doing so is not unlike an alternative version of playing the man & not the ball, it's intention to avoid the facts & to focus on the personal.

If & when I use the term denial in any debate regarding our modern world's big issues, I refer to those who persist in denying scientific concensus & who typically cherry pick their 'facts' from dubious non peer reviewed sources or worse from conspiracy theorists, with little if anything to back it up, other than it being what they want to believe. I personally certainly don't hold science up as being infallible or indeed having all the answers - that is why debate is possible. But debate is not possible when any of the parties simply want to 'win', to prevail, to prove the other wrong. That type of debate is worthless other than for amusement at other's expense in the view of some.

The previous post response here about Tim Flannery made me smile. It was a response which looked like an invitation to avoidance, a 'quip' to have a dig at 'the opposition'. An adversarial offering. If I had thought of it as 'debate' I would have posted links to how & why sea level rises around the world differ (as Native Pepper suggested) & to reports of the impact it is having already, & to measurements which show that claims of no sea level rise are fanciful at best & deliberately misleading at worst. But the invitation was not for such debate, (if it was if an invitation at all), but for an argument about a 'poster boy' from one side of the fence dubbed by those on the other side as a 'professional alarmist'. Just more sniping .... which takes us 'nowhere'. Quite possibly the intent as it is a widely used strategy (please Busman don't take this personally - that is definitely not my intention - I'd happily sit around a camp fire with you or anyone here), a widely used strategy, used for variety of reasons. I suspect allowing blame, antagonism etc to dominate, rather than respect, tolerance & a preparedness to learn is often because the issues just seem overwhelming, & denying the issues is simpler & more comfortable.

I sure don't have all the answers, nothing close, but I am prepared to genuinely engage in respectful debate where the understood goal is for participants to learn from each other. Not to battle to find a winner & a loser. I suspect this forum may not be an appropriate venue - it's not what anyone comes here for. No criticism intended. Here we may engage in a little entertaining sparring from time to time but lets remember why we choose to be here. First & foremost I think that reason is friendship/connectedness.

Which brings me back to Trump .... remember him, the American monster who I feel deserves the electric chair. Yep I did say that, I can't quite reconcile that with my peace loving, non violent outlook on life, but I said it. Expressed it publicly on this forum! It was cathartic. How did I get us back to Trump - well I reckon expressing something cathartic, letting it out amongst friends, is something friends are good for, especially in times when the world is 'too hard & out of control. Sometimes there is no answer, but feeling heard is important.

Thanks for reading.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Cuppa, I don't take it personally, but I do hate hypocrisy. The post is fact. I do not understand how one can take such a definitive stand (including level specifications), raising alarm, and then doing something, that according to your earlier stated position, will see you need rescuing from underwater ?

I was gobsmacked by your last para, after the earlier part of your post, gently chastising us about having an opinion, then advocating death for someone that one of our former prime ministers described on TV tonight as "highly intelligent " is strange.

I personally do not have a lot of time for the man, but anyone that denies he is a master of manipulating the system, as their system stands, is not much of a thinker. I believe he will be responsible for the greatest loss of life in American history and will be judged on that. My personal view is that the average IQ of the planet may rise sharply after this event. Sounds harsh but when you see signs in rallies over there saying "give me liberty or give me covid 19"and compare that to the mostly compliant attitude here, well, I rest my case.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
idexnz

Post by idexnz »

One of the biggest benefits of the current lockdown is that so many more folk have had time to think deeply about a range of current issues. Even better is that more of us have enjoyed reading the discussions here while being bombarded with so much rubbish being generated worldwide by others.

Keep airing those thoughts. There is always the possibility that they might cause someone else to think a bit more deeply themselves.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Noggins wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:48 pm
Greynomad wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm Good to see that we can have a spirited debate on this forum without it descending into name-calling.
Congrats everyone!

BTW, Ron,

(See, I never retired... just stopped getting paid for it. :roll: ) :lol:
UHH-OHH fell short of the correct word, Dammn spell check :oops:
I'll have to install Grammarly ( https://www.grammarly.com/signup )
Humble apologies and advice taken :D

Ron
Well advised!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Busman wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:07 pm .........that one of our former prime ministers described on TV tonight as "highly intelligent " is strange.
Are you referring to Turnbull?

If so, I missed that particular interview but when searching for which ex PM you may be referring to I found this link which has an extract of Turnbull's book regarding his dealings with the orange man

I found it interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... to-bullies

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
Busman

Post by Busman »

Yes it was on the project, found it quite interesting as I call Malcom no slouch in the brains department

After a read of grandads link I can only agree with my own earlier comment about what a master manipulator he is, all the while seeming like a fool.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !