Phone app

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Phone app

Post by BernieQ2 »

I'm also a minority Terry .
We have first name basis when doing our banking. I don't use the phone or computer for banking.
Bernie.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Bernie, do my banking on the computer, live over 100klms from the nearest branch and been locked down for the last, however long this virus thing has gone on. They've closed just about every branch of all banks in Tas, now have to go to the cities no matter how far away you are. Anyone who does any thing on their computer that is important to them and can be used by others, should look at using what's called sand boxing. You can do it in windows through browsers, firefox has sand boxing capabilities and is a top browser. Vivaldi is probably the most secure browser around and it's excellent.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Hang on NP, now you are berating us again about how stupid we/pollies/ everyone ? is.

After another member here calling you out on your comments about the "debacle" of our virus handling, you realised you have gone too far and start pretending that all of the comments you posted as fact are in fact which is obviously not so. I think you call it theories ? or conspiracy ?

None of us, according you, are smart enough to use a browser in any effective way ?

And yet, the earlier posts you have dropped here, with very specific percentages, etc etc are now just part of your fantasises ? Or conspiracy theories as you try to slip out from scrutiny ?

Come on, get real, you bring anything you like to the argument without any proof at all. Lets see the backup for all your assertions ?

Too much to ask ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Arr, cut him some slack, Busman!
You should know that 78.4% of all quoted statistics are made up... 😜😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I need an antiemetic :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Busman wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:28 pm Hang on NP, now you are berating us again about how stupid we/pollies/ everyone ? is.

After another member here calling you out on your comments about the "debacle" of our virus handling, you realised you have gone too far and start pretending that all of the comments you posted as fact are in fact which is obviously not so. I think you call it theories ? or conspiracy ?

None of us, according you, are smart enough to use a browser in any effective way ?

And yet, the earlier posts you have dropped here, with very specific percentages, etc etc are now just part of your fantasises ? Or conspiracy theories as you try to slip out from scrutiny ?

Come on, get real, you bring anything you like to the argument without any proof at all. Lets see the backup for all your assertions ?

Too much to ask ?
It would make no difference to many how many verifiable facts one could bring forward to back up what they say, denial and avoidance of reality is so ingrained in some, even disaster makes no difference to their approach to life. Putting connotations into posts that allow you to attack someone, makes no sense whatsoever and only upsets those that take that approach. I just get a good laugh, it's not important to me at all, just conversation.

Where do I claim others can't use a browser, I was offering choice of browsers, nothing else as there are good browsers and bad ones, as well as those that keep you safe, free of adverts and those that do the opposite. Freedom of choice and freedom of expression goes both ways you know, sadly some feel only they have the right to be heard and anyone who differs from the standard approach, is wrong or the enemy.

After all the majority of the world population, believe in the existence of mythical war gods and other primitive and infantile fairy tales and we can see the result of those facts worldwide, throughout history. Most world governments are made up of those types of people, their track record is abysmal and gets worse by the day.

The world knew of the virus last December, they did nothing, they knew it was spreading in January they did nothing. They did nothing in February, by march is was already in Aus and the results of them doing nothing until it was to late, can be seen in the jobless figures, business collapses, social and health situation. Yet many claim the government did a good job, how does the collapse of the economy and society rate as a good job. We are yet to see the real effects of our governments refusals to act when the virus was discovered, simply because it would mean profit growth would diminish. Now it's just a matter of watching what unfolds and it may not be a good outcome in any way.

Have no fantasies, what I post in relation to the world, comes from being informed and not being misled. I understand some don't like discussion that goes against your understanding, I find it fascinating to hear what others think about subjects and find those locked into acceptance of what they are fed by the authorities and can't handle difference, very boring. Life revolves around the dissemination of information and knowledge, we see the results that come from those who demand everyone sticks to the party line through out history.

Now we look like being involved in a trade war with china, if our governments were so good, they wouldn't have allowed our manufacturing and farming industries to be destroyed and beholden to foreign controls. Now all our essential fuels, machinery and most products, including defence requirements all come from overseas. So we are already controlled by over seas interests. All this just to keep economic and profit growth going for an elitist few, at the expense of everything else.
Busman

Post by Busman »

The world knew of the virus last December, they did nothing, they knew it was spreading in January they did nothing. They did nothing in February, by march is was already in Aus and the results of them doing nothing until it was to late, can be seen in the jobless figures, business collapses, social and health situation. Yet many claim the government did a good job, how does the collapse of the economy and society rate as a good job. We are yet to see the real effects of our governments refusals to act when the virus was discovered, simply because it would mean profit growth would diminish. Now it's just a matter of watching what unfolds and it may not be a good outcome in any way.

Which conveniently ignores the fact that the Australian response has been judged no 1 in the world by the John Hopkins Institute jn the US ?

No one alive has ever seen a pandemic on this scale.

It is very easy to take swipes at all and sundry with the benefit of hindsight, which is usually 100% accurate. Bit more difficult to decide what to do, they still do not have a complete handle on this bug even nearly 6 months later

Ooops forgot the quote marks !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Since moving to Lake Macquarie over 20 yrs ago, I have done all our banking on the home phone, never had a problem with same, before moving here I was on first name bases with our bank staff too. All the banks have limited branches Australia wide so many branches have been closed down.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Yep branches closing everywhere . Thats why we go to the bank trying to keep friend employed .
We used to be with a building society, they closed our local branch...like NP it was 100ks away...then it become 350ks away , so we turfed them . Close's to us now is in the next town we dont have any services in our village .
We only go into the bank to deposit...or withdraw (cash make deals better)...there is NO teller machine (ATM).
We have no debts all our's are direct debit . We dont have a credit card .
Bernie .
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Here's an interesting article in the age today, which in my opinion justifies those who decided not to download the app. From the start, to me it was illogical and couldn't work and so far it has not registered one case and is another example of our insane politics, where the fools throw money around in empty hope and as we are seeing with this virus, can't run a dunny in the desert, let alone a state or country.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/fede ... 556s7.html