Phone app

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Phone app

Post by supersparky »

NP, maybe they thought that they must appear to be doing something, anything...... Regardless which side of politics you sit on, IMHO the powers that be haven't done that bad of a job. If you compare Aust to any of the other countries.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

That's true, They really don't have a clue what to do, all the pollies can concentrate on id economics and sticking to the past. This is a great time for Aus to be developing 21st-century technological industry, electric vehicle manufacturing and self-sufficiency. We know that the future looks very bleak because of many coming devastating climate and ecological events, yet they are doing nothing but propping up the past with paper mache last century initiatives.

A lot to do with the success in Aus, is because we are an island and have a much smaller wider spread society. We have these growing cases because they are still allowing people back into the country and it looks like many are contaminated and refusing to be tested. Can't understand why they are letting people back in, when they were told to come home months ago. I'd be refusing to let anyone in until it's over, no matter how much they plead for help. Why jeopardise the entire country for some idiot self-centered wankers.

In Aus, it's the cities which are the problem, it seems most urban warriors are deaf dumb and blind. Many don't take any notice of any advice but their egos and insane ideological leanings. They started to let people into Tas a couple of weeks ago without telling anyone, but that has been stopped and from what I hear, we won't be opening our borders for many months until there are no cases in Aus. Then again I may be over dramatising the situation, as from what I've read, it's the after-effects which may cause the most damage later in life.
homeless

Post by homeless »

It should be compulsory for anyone who wants to leave their place of residence to have this app.
Especially with what has happened in the dooppy Dan's state of little China.
People were bought out to Australia MONTHS after they were warned to get back in a certain time and they have been put up in expensive hotels at Australian's expense and then refuse to be checked before leaving that safe place. They should be housed in the old refugee areas and and then have to look after themselves. One women complained that her bed was not made each day ???.
Seems strange how the new outbreak is around the very groups that were returned at our expense and then broke all the rules, and then complained that someone might accuse them of any wrong during even though there are copious photos and reports of them breaking the rules.
I think that Victoria will go back into full lock down within a week and it will be months before they return to any where near what the other states are at right now.
At least if we keep SA borders locked from them, then our local tourist trade can prosper instead of us all going back to total shut down so Victorians wont get upset.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

With more uptake on the app than the govt expected, it appears it is not assisting the rounding up of all affected by close contact to a diagnosed person. They still have a serious problem with community transmission without knowing who the people are that seem to be the primary source of the infection.
Britain abandoned their app that our app was based on because of all the failure issues when used on an Apple phone, but when asked, all our polies do the plausible deniability shuffle by claiming they don't have the information at hand, yet a few mins earlier were sprouting about the level of app uptake ..... Are there any verifiable statistics that show where community tracing has been successful via the app? Last I heard they haven't actually had that sort of success with it, but who knows if that is the truth or not .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

The link I provided from the age claims they have not detected one case with the app, which when you look at how it works, is perfectly understandable. With over 6 million downloads and increasing cases in Vic, you'd think if the thing worked it would have picked up at least one case. Just another example of the veracity of our political system and those in it.

Here's another article on it today, seems it's a big flop.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... n/12403958
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

A few "take outs" from that article NP "
"As the saying goes, with every complex problem there's a solution that's simple, clear and usually wrong,"
For others, masks are the issue of the day. Epidemiologist Mary-Louise McLaws, who advises the World Health Organization (WHO), hopes Australian authorities implement firm guidelines on face masks, because currently the Government doesn't recommend them.
"We need investment in proper guidelines about ventilation to protect people indoors from infection transmission," she said. "Researchers have been calling for this since SARS-CoV-1."
Might that have been a better use of the $$ spent on the Covid safe app? Research and development of an air filtering device that could catch and destroy air born pathogens would have become an exportable product to the world and possibly even more beneficial that a vaccine that would only treat the current problem and not problems of the future

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

You need a thinking working brain to bring in things which would be helpful against the virus and develop our economy for this century Terry, sadly all we have running the show are simple-minded programmed ideological clones, who can't see past the mirror in their heads. All they concentrate on is supporting their vested interests and deranged ideological leanings, when we should have this thing under control and non longer in the country.

They are still allowing people into the country when they should have fully shut the borders months ago, when you add idiots who are refusing to social distance and they still haven't made make mandatory, it makes you wonder where we are headed in all respects, not just the virus.

Their app has failed miserably, they continue to throw money at big projects which provide few jobs and those are short term. All they have to do is put all the money into developing 21st-century industry, which is what just about everyone I talk to says should be done and they would provide long term jobs and good economic returns.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

NP, do you vote? If so, are you partly to blame for the politicians you are talking about and if not, are you still to blame?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:37 pm NP, do you vote? If so, are you partly to blame for the politicians you are talking about and if not, are you still to blame?

George
No matter who you vote for, you still end up with a politician being elected. It's a bit like the trainee teachers were saying about their lectures, those who can, do, those who can't, teach and those who can't teach teach teachers ..... Have we reached the stage were those that can't run a business are now trying to run a country .... A bit like getting an accountant to run a business, everything is short term that show the biggest financial outcome without the businessman's understanding that not all services can be profitable on their own, but are essential for the greater long term viability of the business.

Remember when the "Service Station" sold fuel, had a mechanic and sold basic emergency spares and food stuffs for when the bigger shops were shut? How long was that model working well? When they did away with the mechanical workshop and used the space to rent videos, how many fuel stations went to the wall? Maybe the mechanic didn't make as much money from the sq ft required for the workshop and video rental made more in the very short term. The customer loyalty was lost and it became a price war to get the turnover.

For quite some time all decisions politicians make are based on short term quick return, big company CEO's are the same in the majority. Would todays political parties have built the Snowy Hydro Scheme? Would we even have a basic railway?

Developing the hydrogen export industry is a good future income industry ... if it is done by building from the ground up rather than the short sighted LNG privatisation method that ended up screwing up Australia's energy balance, then it would be a great govt based investment .... but I bet that isn't how it will go .......

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

George, I vote for an independent, or informal if there are no decent candidates. When I lived in Aus, didn't vote at all for decades as we were constantly on the move around the country playing music, so never got round to registering to vote anywhere.

Now if we had elections according to the Australian constitution, we would probably get some decent candidates, but we are forced to vote against the dictates of the constitution, which states, all representatives must be elected by direct vote. I've read the Aus constitution and Tassie one, that's what the Aus one says, have you or anyone else gone to the trouble of reading our national or state constitution and if not why not, when you are supporting unconstitutional voting. To me that's worse than not voting, at least not voting is not supporting unconstitutional voting and if people were informed constitutionally, then they may demand the end to unconstitutional voting and things may improve.

Preferential voting is not a direct vote, but an indirect vote. But you are supporting an unconstitutional voting system which also pays political parties for the votes they get, how corrupt is that when the votes are unconstitutional and why should they be paid our money for us voting. So it is you and virtually everyone else who are supporting an unconstitutional voting regime, I refuse to support such a crime against the country and its people, so only vote for a real independent, or no one.

If the constitution was taught in schools, everyone would be informed but it's never mentioned and I wonder why that is the case. Preferential voting means parties will always maintain power, another corruption people are too lazy or too ignorant to do something about.