Not as Dim as they Sim

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Not as Dim as they Sim

Post by Greynomad »

The Vet has placed our elderly Beagle a diet of boiled rice & steamed chicken.
This morning, SWMBO was preparing same. She had the ingredients cooked, and was about to put them in the blender when she received a call, which required her to leave the kitchen to retrieve a document.
Elderly Beagle followed her out of the kitchen, and when she sat down to discuss the document with the caller, he began barking at her and running back & forth to the kitchen door.
He was complaining that she had not finished preparing his meal! :o
This was at 0900. His meal is not served until 1600, but he knew it was his food she was preparing.
He always sits & watches intently while his food is cooked, blended, then put in the fridge until afternoon feed time. :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
native pepper

Re: Not as Dim as they Sim

Post by native pepper »

My mad kelpie, will hassle me if his food is not ready by the appointed time, which to him is 1800. He complains, whines, constantly paws at me, gets really pissed off and acts like the world has come to an end. As you can see, he has a very stressful life. :roll:

dax usual sleeping position.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:42 pm The Vet has placed our elderly Beagle a diet of boiled rice & steamed chicken.
This morning, SWMBO was preparing same. She had the ingredients cooked, and was about to put them in the blender when she received a call, which required her to leave the kitchen to retrieve a document.
Elderly Beagle followed her out of the kitchen, and when she sat down to discuss the document with the caller, he began barking at her and running back & forth to the kitchen door.
He was complaining that she had not finished preparing his meal! :o
This was at 0900. His meal is not served until 1600, but he knew it was his food she was preparing.
He always sits & watches intently while his food is cooked, blended, then put in the fridge until afternoon feed time. :shock:
He is watching that nothing but his food goes into the blender, "ya not be sneakin' worming pills or medication into my now some what bland meal, there are limits ya know" :lol:

Our cat house master started out only eating some of the dry food we put in his bowl, won't have anything to do with wet food or chicken or kangaroo mince or cooked pork, even turns the nose up at ham :roll: He has now moved on to telling us in no uncertain terms he would like his dry food bowl refilled, even if it was only an hr ago he'd been fed. Got away with it for a while by being selective as to who he whinged at, get feed by one servant and then try the same trick on the other servant .... he is not impressed that we now communicate between each other about when he was last fed, gets the dirts and heads off into the spare room and vanishes, no food and the patting opportunities are strictly rationed :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Elderly Beagle does similar.
If he’s yelled at for bad behaviour, he exits rapidly through the doggie door & sulks in his kennel.
Sometimes staying in there for hours... unless it’s approaching 1600, dinner time. He will come out for dinner. 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Phoenix is fed on the step of the bus.

I place 3 pieces of eye fillet on a plate ready for the BBQ in the same place.

3 gulps and they were gone..... what do you do???
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

jon_d wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:14 am Phoenix is fed on the step of the bus.

I place 3 pieces of eye fillet on a plate ready for the BBQ in the same place.

3 gulps and they were gone..... what do you do???
Switch to sausages, much cheaper. :lol: :cry: :shock: :D
Last edited by native pepper on Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thought you might have given him a spring roll Jon. You have spares .😁😁
Bernie .
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Classic Bernie. well done. :D