Borders still shut

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Borders still shut

Post by Dot »

And all those marching d/heads that don't give any thought for others health & safety . They are selfish and disrespectable to do this in the middle of this pandemic. DO it afterwards please
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Dot wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:47 pm And all those marching d/heads that don't give any thought for others health & safety . They are selfish and disrespectable to do this in the middle of this pandemic. DO it afterwards please
I most certainly support the Black Lives Matter cause, but like you it concerns me greatly that there are all these mass gatherings occurring. Not just the protests either - they are the ones getting the publicity because they are an easy target for those who would have targeted them anyway.
And it's not just mass gatherings. Everywhere people are talking & behaving like it's all over/ getting back to normal. The language being used both by the media & often among us commonly places the pandemic in the past! It's like 'magical thinking' - the reality is what we want it to be. But it don't work like that .... really!

I view the risk as being like a bogey man waiting to pounce & when he does he's gonna make a mess. I understand jobs & economy but what good are they if folk are losing their loved ones left right & centre. Business lobbies & their government supporters have as much or more to answer for as the protesters. And then there's all the 'Me' folk who want restrictions lifted & 'normality' returned, so they can just get on with what they were doing before the pandemic. Understandable but dangerous. Criticising because authorities wont put dates on re-opening borders to suit them. It's a bloody pandemic, and they want dates in advance, & slowly the governments are capitulating to these calls for goodness sake. Setting dates for lifting of restrictions is crazy. We should have government setting criteria to be achieved before the lifting of restrictions are even considered. That was what was happening when they were imposed, once one was lifted there appears (to me) to have been a snowballing, more in response to public & business outcry, than to any pre-determined criteria. Reading some of the posts here reassures me that there are still sensible folk around who recognise the risks we still face. Stay safe folks, 'cos your being safe, is what we all need to be safe.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Cuppa I agree with you an other posts it is a pandemic that has not gone away and I don't think it will for a very long time
We came into VIC but I can say with all honesty we are so carfull when not with family We head bush to get away from anyone keep to the rules as much as possible Please stay well
HTFFBO Helen take care [emoji40][emoji40][emoji40]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

To many words Cuppa .
Bernie .
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Nsw still open [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree totally Cuppa, we certainly haven't seen the end of this pandemic & need to continue to take care.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We’re still isolating ourselves, even though we’ve had no reports of the virus in Rutherglen.
One Corowa resident was hospitalised in Albury. Report is that she probably picked it up shopping in Albury.
Wangaratta is still clean. Guess where we now do all our shopping?
Son-&-Heir is visiting this week... his hospital is clean, so he considers it safe to visit us.
Management is restricting virus treatment to the other hospital where he teaches. And staff are no longer being switched between hospitals as they had. His lectures with nurses at the other one are done online.
Good thinking.
Looking forward to seeing him after nearly six months! 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Ray enjoy your time with your son ours is still in Canberra but expected to be transferred here next month. His partner when to visit him and then the boarders closed so have not seen her for a couple of months. Will be nice to have them both back.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nup we aren't going far from home till this virus is no threat see dear ol China have had another outbreak.. :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:09 pm Nup we aren't going far from home till this virus is no threat see dear ol China have had another outbreak.. :roll: :roll:
That's probably not the first one, just one they are prepared to let the world know about. We are going for a little drive up in the hills today. It has been 6 months since we have been up that way.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.