Borders still shut

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
jon_d

Re: Borders still shut

Post by jon_d »

The boys said a Chinese kid at school; both his grandparents just died - no further info.
Sounds like the virus is still active over there but they are not telling anyone.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Good morning hope all is well in your world
HTFFBO Helen take care [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The health minister said the uptake on the Corona virus app was higher than they had expected and above the 40% mark, so why won't the app take care of any outbreaks? Seems the govt wants it both ways, the app downloaded but the borders stay shut and no protests ..... well, not about anything the govt isn't doing anyway :roll: Very cagy about the infant mortality now being more than double in the indigenous communities compared to white fella communities ...... Is there anything in the protests about that issue that the govt had promised would be sorted by 2018????
If the protests stay peaceful, they all wear masks and all have their app turned on then there should be little risk of an outbreak and even better fielding of the masses to detect unknown cases.
Greg Hunt was also asked about the app not working on Apple devices because the auto lock, he avoided the question a few times and then duck/shoved it to the computer people because he wasn't the one to ask about that ...... seriously? He is the health minister for the current govt so surely he should be up to speed on whether the app works or not? He knew enough that there was X number of uptakes of the app but he didn't know if it actually worked as designed?
If they keep the borders shut we will at least have Job Keeper, over 90% of our work comes from interstate ..... Well Margaret will be eligible, I don't get paid so I miss out yet again :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 am I don't get paid so I miss out yet again :roll:

T1 Terry
No. You just rake in the millions in profit the company makes. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤭

Not.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:13 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:11 am I don't get paid so I miss out yet again :roll:

T1 Terry
No. You just rake in the millions in profit the company makes. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤭

Not.
:lol: Yeah right. The whole irony of the thing, if I had been an employee, both Margaret and I would be getting the "job keeper subsidy" and actually getting by quite well, so we would be pushing for the borders to stay closed indefinitely :lol: At $1500 each a fortnight, I'd find it rather difficult to return to work and Margaret would probably be the same 8-) $1500 a week income week after week, haven't made that sort of money since both Margaret and I were working back in the Illawarra :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Isn't Margaret your employer Terry ?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:01 pm Isn't Margaret your employer Terry ?
I'm guessing in much the same way as you are George's employer .... get told what to do, when to do it, how to do it and no matter the result, you did it wrong ...... :roll:

T1 Terry
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Now the borders are open you will have put that extra man on T1 to cover all the back log 🥳🥳🥳
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Dot

Post by Dot »

Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:56 pm Now the borders are open you will have put that extra man on T1 to cover all the back log 🥳🥳🥳
I am offended at your sexist remark, that may just encourage a march :lol: :lol: (extra man indeed) :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:56 pm Now the borders are open you will have put that extra man on T1 to cover all the back log 🥳🥳🥳
Wayne, the way I have interpreted the news is that you can only get into Sth Aust is from WA or NT. The borders from Vic, NSW and Qld are still closed to non residents.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.