Telstra’s continuity problem

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Telstra’s continuity problem

Post by T1 Terry »

We have a combined phone account for Margaret's phone and mine. we use our phones to create a mobile hot spot and stream tv through that and use each phone separately for our computer internet link. We cancelled the NBN because it continually buffered but have no problems using the phone as a hot spot. We also cancelled the wireless network from the workshop back to Aussie Broadband as the phone has a faster speed than the local Aussie Broadband connection, even though there were only a handful still using it.
We have a combined 60GB per mth and never get close to using it, we still have 40GB to use in the next 11 days as an example.
So, I'd forget about the dongle and just use the phones.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Shirley, I think George was, up until recently was Boost user. He had some troubless, can't recall what though. I'm sure he will pass by here soon and refresh my memory.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks Terry, that sounds interesting too, I do use my phone as a hot spot to connect the computer occasionally & Bruce needs a new phone, certainly sounds like something to consider, are you with Telstra?

David, George rang me today & we had a good long chat, his mobile is still with Boost & he is happy with the plan.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Sounds like Boost have come to the party. :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:11 pm Thanks Terry, that sounds interesting too, I do use my phone as a hot spot to connect the computer occasionally & Bruce needs a new phone, certainly sounds like something to consider, are you with Telstra?

David, George rang me today & we had a good long chat, his mobile is still with Boost & he is happy with the plan.
We are with Optus, Telstra has very poor reception at the workshop and at the house. Our next door neighbour has to stand out the back of her house in the cold to use her mobile and relies on satellite TV and I believe satellite data for her computer since they put the NBN through Mannum. Before that she had ADSL2 on the copper cables and a good house phone, all that went south when the NBN came into town

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Thanks Terry.
Shirley & Bruce.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

That why we haven’t got nbn adsl working here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Anyone watched the knife ad with Peter Russel Clarke? When they cut the tomatoes it is with a scalloped edged knife, but one of those does not come in the set, but it does make a second appearance going into the bonus knife block.
Seems Peter Russel Clarke doesn't rate them as high as the barrel change grater/shredder thing, the knifes only get 2 verys before the good where the drum grater thing get 3 verys :lol:

Sad when you actually have to suffer the ads that much you pick out what is wrong with eh :roll:

T1 Terry
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

They've gotta be getting very desperate to drag Peter Russel Clarke out of the grave, was shocked when I saw him and don't think he has been on tv for over 30 years, but I don't watch cooking shows.

Aren't those knives s/s, which means they will never stay very sharp and are a hassle to sharpen. I found a set of skinning knives in the roof of one of my pub when I had it, had a couple of stones and steel in a lined box. It would have been in the roof for a very long time because they built my pub around the original one and there were still rooms etc in the roof. You'd have to be pretty short to use the rooms, the doors were very short and the walls were lined with packing cases from the mid 18th century. Was going to turn the roof into a museum, found lots of old papers and some posters in a wall when I pulled it down to extend the lounge. Sadly on our biggest weekend at the end of the hop season, someone dropped a still lit cigarette into a wastebasket and as the pub was timber, up it went much to my disgust as had put a heap of money and time into renovating it. Anyway, the knives were still pretty sharp, although a bit rusted, still have them and use them for cooking they are good steel.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

High-carbon steel holds an edge much better than stainless steel.
Unfortunately some pointy-head researchers declared that carbon steel also held germs better, too.
So stainless steel was decreed as the only acceptable material for commercial kitchens & utensils.
We still use M-i-L’s old carbon steel carving knife...
It’s on its third handle — redgum this time. Last one (indeterminate hardwood) only lasted 30 years.
V3.0 should outlast us! 🤭😳😁
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields