NBN

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Peter and Sandra

Re: NBN

Post by Peter and Sandra »

We had a perfectly good ADSL connection for years, the NBN hit our town and service plummeted, many in town, even the oldies have now dumped NBN, landline phones and have gone to 4G which works extremely well here.
Telstra even supplied NBN modems that swapped over to 4G when NBN signal poor to people that really complained and their modems spend most of the time on 4G.
A mate got a daily phone call from Telstra to restart his NBN modem so it would go back to NBN, after several weeks he told them to shove the NBN at home and business and now does it all through the mobile.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

We've been using 4G only for 4 years without trouble. The circumstance when it is not financially viable is if you stream shows for watching on TV extensively. Moderate YouTube or Netflix is OK.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji848][emoji3063][emoji3083][emoji3060][emoji2959][emoji3166][emoji383][emoji381]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

What colour cable are the laying? If it is blue, then if you need high speed zero buffering video screening, pay the money for fibre to the house. If it was green cable, make sure they replace the lawn they kill and leaving out of sight and most definitely out of mind. The bigger Telco mobs are all pushing NBN modems with a 4G back up, which really is a 4G modem with a bit of NBN every so often. If you have a good mobile phone hotspot set up that acts as your modem for the computer and TV streaming, you are already way ahead of the game. We had the NBN connect to the house, put up with it for 3 mths where we mostly used the phone hotspot, then upgraded our plan for a a few extra $$ for 60Gb of data and both phones share it. We have only once got to the 50% usage where they send an email offering an extra Gb for $10, we had 2 days to go before the plan rolled over for the next mth :roll: If we had a smart tv at home and I was smart enough to drive it, we might use a bit more, but I doubt it. The phones are our internet hotspot for both home and work and have never let us down, the original WiFi back to Mannum central tower (less than 2km as the crow flies) provided by Aussie Broadband for the workshop dropped out or hit the "go slow" rubbish regularly, so we are far better off both financially and service wise using the mobile phone set up

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
No idea what colour the cable is...
It’s already buried. 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Did it up [emoji848] blue is the general colour [emoji3166]that i have seen [emoji3456]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:34 pm T1,
No idea what colour the cable is...
It’s already buried. 😳
Didn't you see the drum that were pulling the cable from, the green cable is the cheap crap stuff, the blue is the good stuff.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Pop the lid on the NBN box at the house, the cable end will be visible there.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.