Qld Border Closure - RELAX EVERYONE!!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Qld Border Closure - RELAX EVERYONE!!

Post by supersparky »

Steve, if they are going to race both ways, do you reckon that would make calling the race a little difficult?
Maybe we should just send 'em to Adelaide.😁
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

That’s easily fixed.
Have one caller for each direction...
Of course, that means you’d have to have two finish-lines.
I guess the winner would be determined by the race time.
A bit like a drag race for horses. 🤭😁
Quarter horses, anyone??
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Greynomad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:52 pm That’s easily fixed.
Quarter horses, anyone??
So, we've gone from racism to animal cruelty.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

SteveW wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:08 pm
Greynomad wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:52 pm That’s easily fixed.
Quarter horses, anyone??
So, we've gone from racism to animal cruelty.
Probably should have equal numbers of black, white, brown and painted red and yellow.
Steve Williams

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

And if a white horse wins there will be protest marches and the grandstand will be burned to the ground. 😳🙄
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

The world has gone nuts! When we were in charge, Ray, I thought things went well. Where did it go wrong?
Steve Williams

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

2foot6 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:49 pm
Could this issue with the AFL be a "Darwinism" type gene pool cleansing? Getting rid of this inferior code to allow the proper NRL access to all the $$ and fans
Terry ,maybe we should keep the NSW /Vic border closed permanetly during the football season, it would keep the NRL out of Victoria and we could keep our AFL to our selves................just saying
Maybe the SA border as well so they can turn it back into VFL like it was before. The field ballet seems to have spread across the country infecting all the states, lock it down in Victoria I reckon, that way one of their teams will win each yr and they'll stop complaining when they lose. Yeah, as if that was ever going to happen :lol: It would also stop the Melbourne Storm from poaching the good players ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:49 pm :lol: It would also stop the Melbourne Storm from poaching the good players ;)

T1 Terry
............What, from the Broncos? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I think we may well be about to turn a corner with this virus thingy, which corner it will be, is anyones guess. It looks like Tas will have it's first case for almost 2 months, yet they still allow people to come here. Sheer madness in my opinion, it will only stop when we lock down each state and contaminated area, stop all overseas arrivals and then concentrate on developing our economy and society to live comfortably with what is just one of many viruses and diseases to come we are told. If we don't do something like that, we're stuffed as a functioning race. For some reason many many people seem to see it as a hiccup and not going to effect them, when it's getting very bad everywhere and spreading rapidly in every country, including china which may have already lost control and just won't mention it. That means collapsing economies, conflict and may be war. That's how they seem to refain control and kick start economies, when the arse has fallen out of the economy, but war, brings internal economic growth, with low wages, massive development and lots of expandability within the working classes and rapid profit growth for the elities.

Those that have contracted covid19 or one of it's many derivatives, are still suffering from it months later and they now say any antibodies we create during the illness, don't last very long and people are coming down with it more than once. The larger the population, the harder to contain any epidemic and luckily those of us living outside urban areas have a better chance of containing any outbreaks quickly, just like Tas did earlier on we can;t stpop the fools from stuffing it up. Hope the fools don't let this case in Tas get out of hand, currently it's confined in a hotel quarantine situation and we know how well governments handle those situations in most places.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:49 pm :lol: It would also stop the Melbourne Storm from poaching the good players ;)

T1 Terry
............What, from the Broncos? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Do they have any good players that haven't retired to the NRL pension plan and life after footy? Maybe they could start up a geriatric's version, a bit like the disability games that Adam Hills "Take his legs" show that was on the tv a week or so back, then the stars of yester-year can come out and have a game ....... might need a bigger interchange bench and more ambulances and available beds in the casualty wards ;) :lol: It's certainly a fast and solid tackling game now

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO