Qld Border Closure - RELAX EVERYONE!!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Qld Border Closure - RELAX EVERYONE!!

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:39 pm
supersparky wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:40 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:49 pm :lol: It would also stop the Melbourne Storm from poaching the good players ;)

T1 Terry
............What, from the Broncos? :lol: :lol: :roll:
Do they have any good players that haven't retired to the NRL pension plan and life after footy?...................

T1 Terry
Nah, they are all going to play for the 'coulda been' side.
I probably should have used the t.i.c. emoji there. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Well, according to the ABC-TV NEWS24 tonight, it appears even the Sun 🌞 is having difficulties with the NSW/Vic border closure.
Weather forecast says Albury’s temperatures will be 5 overnight and 13 tomorrow.
On our side of the border Wodonga will have :? 7 and 15.
Even sunlight can’t get across the river! 😳
Gladys has it locked down tighter than a fish’s ar$£hole!
:shock: :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Yes still locked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Poor Gladys,
Complaining that Annastacia in Qld won't consider cross-border communities in her state border lockdown. :(
She says some NSW border residents can't get to their Qld jobs & vice versa, :o and that NSW border dwellers can't access medical care at their closest hospital, 'cos it's over the border in Qld! :shock:

Well, diddums!
An old saying comes to mind. Something about name-calling between pots & kettles. :evil:

They are exactly the problems I wrote to Gladys about, which we're experiencing on the Vic/NSW border!
:evil: :evil: Bet I'm not alone in that!

She doesn't give a sh!t about her southern border. Only came to Albury (didn't dare cross into Wodonga) after much community anger aimed her way, and after her deputy visited & copped an almighty earfull.

Oh, but she brought some semi-good news: the restrictions revert to the previous 50km 'bubble'... although we're still only allowed to shop interstate for 'essential supplies', not stuff like soil for landscaping or new clothes.
:evil: :evil:

...and it appears from today's news that even AFL officials are immune from catching or spreading the Covid thing.
Annastacia has allowed about 50 of them to bring their families to Qld for the Grand Final.
However, the plebs who watch the game are still dirty, disease-ridden Victorians, and not allowed to join the party. :evil: :evil:

And "We're all in this together" ... hmmmm?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It could be the answer to the high unemployment problem, actually have the required facilities within the state so there is no need to cross the border .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:37 am And "We're all in this together" ... hmmmm?
Nope, the rest of the world is in this with you, we are safe and well down here, no restrictions, no masks, no tests, no over population, no worries.

We had 2 hobart music festivals over the weekend, blues and jazz. They went down well and everyone was well behaved, but bopping in their seats and the whisper is, we will be able to have full gigs in a couple of weeks when the last of those who've returned to Tas have finished their quarantine.

Our lady guitarist/vocalist and myself put together a restaurant set and did a freebie friday night at a restaurant for 2hrs. Went down well, we had them intently listening and even singing at their tables, so they've booked us for the next 4 weeks.

This virus won't be stopped in Aus until they stop letting people into the country, so you can look forward to many more moons of this debacle, as the rest of the world has the same penchant for insanity. The only thing the majority of politicians can think of is economic growth and as long as we continue down that dead-end path, there is no hope of it being eliminated anywhere.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 pm It could be the answer to the high unemployment problem, actually have the required facilities within the state so there is no need to cross the border .......

T1 Terry
There's only one way to reduce unemployment, the rebirth of our manufacturing industries and they should all be 21st century industry, not last century, so Aus can become self-sufficient again in all aspects of life.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I was quite surprised when watching the early ABC when they went to a furniture manufacturer in Melb. I thought all of that had been outsourced for many years now..
I wonder if the Aust Manufacturers Chamber of Commerce still exists?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Refining our own lithium and manufacturing lithium battery cells would be a relatively safe longer term production to get up and running.
The Zinc Bromide battery has sort of attempted a rebirth yet again, the 70% full cycle efficiency and the fact you need two of them if you want an off grid set up and way too heavy and complex for an RV battery as well as way too big and way to heavy, but for short term energy storage they could fill a gap. As we have an abundance of Zinc and easy to extract Bromide from the ocean, it has potential.
Another possible future proof industry is hydroponics built into a container combining a solar array on the roof and pr of flow batteries or a lithium battery to power it 24/7. It would have a market where a traditional veggie garden isn't practical either because animals would just eat the plants or the very dry/hot conditions and extreme environments.
Anyway, probably far enough off topic for now :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

supersparky wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:13 pm I was quite surprised when watching the early ABC when they went to a furniture manufacturer in Melb. I thought all of that had been outsourced for many years now..
I wonder if the Aust Manufacturers Chamber of Commerce still exists?
They still make mattresses, furniture, blankets and towels in Tas. I picked up a Tas made lounge and chairs for free a few weeks ago, about 40 years old and in amazing condition, was just sitting in a shed covered in dust. You can take all the coverings off and wash them, once I did that the colours came back and it is so comfortable compared to todays junk. The woodwork is simple amazing and so strong.

Terry, Aquaponics is the best way to go, it's a self-sufficient system which provides fish, vegetables and fruit. A friend of mine down here has a full aquaponics system using dwarf fruit trees and they have an abundance of produce and fish, which they now sell at local markets. We need to move fish farms onshore as they destroy the environment very quickly and using aquaculture we would solve a lot of problems as it's a closed recycling system.