new car

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: new car

Post by supersparky »

Its all good Dot. You will get the hang of it soon. And then you will drive the bus, and stall it. :lol: :lol: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Finally I found it looks good have fun with it Well done
HTFFBO Helen take care 💫💫💫
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

And then you will drive the bus, and stall it.
Quite true.

We were lucky enough to be lent a manual 5 speed Mazda 323 in Mallacoota. When we left to go home, I crunched the bus gears through town. Bit embarrassing.
Dot

Post by Dot »

jon_d wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:11 pm
And then you will drive the bus, and stall it.
Quite true.

We were lucky enough to be lent a manual 5 speed Mazda 323 in Mallacoota. When we left to go home, I crunched the bus gears through town. Bit embarrassing.
But jd you are a male, :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:01 pm Well I drove to Adelaide and back, Leslie good idea to turn the lane beep beep off esp when in the city. :lol: :lol: Figured out how to turn the radio on, then een told the screen in front to call Helen, and it did. Cant grasp the cruise thing yet but time will see it beat us :lol: Why don't cars have CD slots any more??? I stayed in eco mode and boy even then its got some grunt when you put your foot down. I thought for a minute that I had one of those hybrid cars, got to the first set of lights and the motor cut off :oops: but as soon as I took my foot off the brake it started and off we went . Air con works well . Now done 112 ks . G has decided he needs something down the street :roll: :roll:
That engine cutting out took a while to get used to with the Prius, kept thinking the thing has stalled but there isn't a key or button that actually operates the starter, the computer does that ...... Then had to drive the Vic palace out of the workshop, turned the key on, put it in D, R, tried everything including putting the seatbelt on and making sure the motorhome door was locked .... then the light bulb moment occurred, needed to turn the key one position further to actually start the engine :oops:
Still get caught with reverse being in a different spot in the Mazda, Hino and truck, so either the lurch forward or stall with all the shudders that go with it because you tried to take off in 5th :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

But jd you are a male,
Yes I know.

Boys get embarrassed when gears are crunched. Girls giggle when they grind. ;)
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:18 pm
But jd you are a male,
Yes I know.

If ya can't find 'em, grind 'em :lol: It's lucky they put them in a box eh
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm
But jd you are a male,
Yes I know.

Thank the lords they're in a steel box and not a cardboard shoebox is an expression we used a lot when I started work.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I once dated a girl who wrapped hers in cast iron knickers... 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:41 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Yes I know.

Thank the lords they're in a steel box and not a cardboard shoebox is an expression we used a lot when I started work.

Ron
The ones I remember were "and there is why a Road Ranger gearbox will never be alloy" and "Alison boxes are aluminium, they know how to change gears" and "they put them in a box so you can eventually find them and a magnet in the bottom to collect the teeth when you don't"

T1 Terry