A Lost Opportunity

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

A Lost Opportunity

Post by Greynomad »

I coulda been a MILLIONAIRE!!!
Just unearthed this while hunting for something else in my workshop. (Isn’t that always the way?)
FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO I was renting a house with a powerpoint in the ‘wrong’ place, and needed more than one outlet...
B6B88398-A74A-4DEB-B562-FBE14A2751A1.jpeg
Never occurred to me that other people might need the same thing...
If only I’d patented it...........😟🤭
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Re: A Lost Opportunity

Post by 2foot6 »

You may have been a millionaire or you might have been deep poo poo, there seems to be a green wire missing between the plug and outlet,,,just saying :o :D :D ....................Peter
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

.... and no over current limiting device or circuit breaker, or an Australian approval number. Probably better you kept that as a "one off" custom production model, that way you still have your house etc ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

A patent related joke from another forum:

I went to the Patent office to register some of my camping inventions. I went to the main desk to sign in and the lady at the desk had a form that had to be filled out. She wrote down my personal info and then asked me what I had invented.
I said, "A folding bottle."
She said, "Okay, what do you call it?"
"A Fottle."
"What else do you have?"
"I have also invented a folding carton."
Again she said, "what do you call it?"
"A Farton."
She sniggered and said, "Those are silly names for products, and one of them sounds kind of crude."
I was so upset by her comment that I grabbed the form and left the office without even telling her about my folding bucket

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Well, Terry,
What did he call it :?: :? :shock:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

2foot6 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:26 pm You may have been a millionaire or you might have been deep poo poo, there seems to be a green wire missing between the plug and outlet,,,just saying :o :D :D ....................Peter
That was V1.0.
You always think of ways to improve a prototype...
😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm
2foot6 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:26 pm You may have been a millionaire or you might have been deep poo poo, there seems to be a green wire missing between the plug and outlet,,,just saying :o :D :D ....................Peter
That was V1.0.
You always think of ways to improve a prototype... :o :D :D .........Peter.
😜
Just as a matter of interest, what version are you up to now? :o
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

V7.4 😜😁
Not too bad... Dyson produced 200+ prototypes before he was satisfied his vacuum cleaner was ready for manufacturing.
(We now have two. The V6 is now permanently stowed in Girt. The upgraded V7 is the house unit.)😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

The guy with the bucket should have persisted.

They are sold as collapsible buckets.... so many of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=folding+bucket&client
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

ah, but a collapsing bucket wouldn't generate such a catchy name as a folding bucket :lol:
Aero-start had the market sewn up until a clever marketing person came up with a new name for basically the same product, "Start ya bastard" and at least in Australia, has carved out quite a slice for themselves.
"Phuket" plastered in big letters across the front of a T shirt with very small print under it, "I just don't care anymore" still makes me laugh when ever I see it, but it would have been a catchy name for his folding bucket eh :lol:

T1 Terry