New cast iron

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

New cast iron

Post by Greynomad »

I've added some more doorstops to my cast iron collection.
Only I'll have to strip off someone's "crafty" 'improvements' & take them back to black...
Doorstops.jpeg
And it would seem someone has not read the tale of the "Bremen-Town Musicians" properly. It's supposed to be a cow, dog & cat with the rooster on top. No pig in the story as I remember it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Re: New cast iron

Post by supersparky »

Ray, where did you find them? I found something similar at the cheap shop in Yarrawonga earlier this year.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

They were advertised on Rutherglen Buy, Swap, Sell.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I have a teddy bear and a sheep one. Norman was hinting at liking the sheep one but I couldn't let sheepy go. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I have my "Penny for the Copper money box," Mum use to have it beside our telephone when we were the only folk in the street with a home telephone. :lol: :lol: how communication has changed in my lifetime.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley,
My Nanna had one of those.
Called it “A Copper for the Copper”...
sounds like a more alliterative pun to me. 😜😁
Dunno what happened to it.
I inherited a Sheep doorstop from my dad.
Then SWMBO’s dad left us another doorstop, a “Cat on the Roof”.
Inherited a bootlast from each of them,
... and I was off & running! 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here----
I could'nt handle the pain any longer, so a trip to the G.P. late yesterday afternoon.
We think that I may be passing a kidney stone, so a trip to Emerald for a CT Scan later today sometime when I have the transport organised.
I also have to have an addom/x-ray of the lower (R) quadrant at Dysart Hospital to see what is going on there as an overall view.
This is a pain I only ever want to be subjected to once in my lifetime. More Endone and other pain pills and love and licks from Major.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Tanks, I hope all is resolved quickly for you and you are pain free. We’re driving to Emerald to do a bit of shopping before we leave for Carnarvon Gorge tomorrow but guess there is no chance of seeing you. Good luck!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ray, I just checked the Copper along the base, on the front, "I Love a Copper, " on the back " Every Copper Helps "it's full of pennies.

Tanks, hope your pain has subsided, I can understand your misery Bruce had his first kidney stone attack fifty years ago & has suffered with same ever since, he has one in each kidney now hopefully they stay put because they are to big to pass.
Shirley & Bruce.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Swisslulu wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 am Tanks, I hope all is resolved quickly for you and you are pain free. We’re driving to Emerald to do a bit of shopping before we leave for Carnarvon Gorge tomorrow but guess there is no chance of seeing you. Good luck!
"tanks" here---Thanks for the thoughts.
My appointment is at 1:50pm for a 2:00 proceedure, and I guess that I will be "flat out" ,for most of the time I am in Emerald.
Enjoy the Gorge and all that goes with the views. As "Our Dot" would say; photos please.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.