SM33

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Shirley

SM33

Post by Shirley »

Hi Dot, visit to the dentist y'day, exam., & clean, $189, came home with a sore mouth, sure enough last night knew that I had ulcers appearing inside my lower lip, I only ever use SM 33, I seem susceptible to mouth ulcers & I get cold sore from the sun need to wear a hat, I use the Chemist own version of Zovirax cream for cold sores.

Thought I better start a new thread didn't want to get in trouble for high jacking. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Re: SM33

Post by supersparky »

Is SM33 and Bonjella the same thing, or am I having a senior moment?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

supersparky wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 pm Is SM33 and Bonjella the same thing, or am I having a senior moment?
You are having a seniors moment David. :lol: :lol:
The following note is from Dr Google....

The gel remains a safe treatment for people over age 16. The company that makes the gel also has an alternative product called, 'Bonjela Teething Gel' that does not contain salicylate and is safe for use in children from two months of age.

A minor technical difference David...but you are having a seniors moment... :lol: :D
I had a seniors moment in the super market today ,must be catchy :D :D ..........Peter
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Thanks Peter, I seem to be having more "Senior moments" every day. :lol: :lol:

At least when the dementia sets in properly I won't know. :roll: :roll: But I do plan on having many adventures before that.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Those dam cold sores are a real PITA or mouth I should say. I inherited the virus from my dad I used to get them really badly on my lips(face) mainly when stressed or run down a bit.My son has also inherited this wonderful curse :lol: as well I then had the smallpox injection, and a lotion known as DMSO ?% and that worked wonders. Haven't had a bad breakout for years now. It is in the Herpes simplex group (HSV) not the Zoster type (shingles) I now have in the cupboard good ol SM33. I have been using the stuff "Seda Lotion" for the ulcers from that wonderful radiation therapy and that does a good job. Off topic :? :? :? what is that :?: :lol: Hope you heal soon Shirley.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I remember near gargling SM33 as a kid, the ulcers would go all the way down my throat. The original Listerine seems to stop them in their tracks, just getting back down off the ceiling after the first swish is the tricky bit. I did suffer from mouth ulcers a lot, tomatoes were a sure fire way to end up with a mouthful, but that doesn't seem to happen much these days, but the sun blistered lips still catch me every so often
Try adding rhubarb to your diet and mushrooms, they are both good for reducing the number of ulcer outbreaks and cramps as well as herpes simplex, cold sores. Sun blisters on the lips are different to cold sores, feel a bit the same but can lead to much more serious complications.
The old zinc cream on the lips as used by life savers and cricketers is great for stopping the sun burnt lips ..... just tastes bad and I seem to forget to put it on for some reason :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO