Big brother

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
native pepper

Re: Big brother

Post by native pepper »

You get a good idea of the big brother syndrome in this country, when you read how they pull out txts and voice calls from years ago in court cases. I have nothing personal on my ph or computers attached to the net, use fake names, fake details and extremely secure linux systems. My ubuntu touch has an app that doesn't ping towers and when it does it's the wrong details, but doesn't stop me using the phone or net.

There is nowhere on the net where you can find anything surrounding my real name, use whatsapp and that's all fake, have no face book, twitter or any social media and couple of forums I'm on, all fake details. Switch my ph off when travelling and use the band ph, laptop for the net on the road because it can't be tracked, only use my ph in my area in Tas. All our banking is done through a small peoples Tas bank, that doesn't provide data to anyone, other than require by law and that's very little when you look into it.
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

Noggins wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 am
der fuhrer Dan
:roll:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:23 am You get a good idea of the big brother syndrome in this country, when you read how they pull out txts and voice calls from years ago in court cases. I have nothing personal on my ph or computers attached to the net, use fake names, fake details and extremely secure linux systems. My ubuntu touch has an app that doesn't ping towers and when it does it's the wrong details, but doesn't stop me using the phone or net.

There is nowhere on the net where you can find anything surrounding my real name, use whatsapp and that's all fake, have no face book, twitter or any social media and couple of forums I'm on, all fake details. Switch my ph off when travelling and use the band ph, laptop for the net on the road because it can't be tracked, only use my ph in my area in Tas. All our banking is done through a small peoples Tas bank, that doesn't provide data to anyone, other than require by law and that's very little when you look into it.
Thought I'd covered my butt fairly well, but you can't cover someone else putting your name and details up on the interweb with all the best of intentions. That was sprung on me at the MVA court case by NRMA's "Silk" and clearly from a very sophisticated search engine. The only saving factor was their trace back to my online handle can up as TI (i)Terry rather than T1 Terry, I would have been well and truly stewed in a vat of nasty stuff if they had joined the dots together correctly. They had posts referring to me on forums I've never heard of, on Farcebook even though I don't have an active account, Twitter and I've never joined that, link'd in or something etc. From that they knew every contact I'd ever made with a Govt department .... yet every govt department tells you that information is safe and can not even be shared with another govt dept ... yeah right ..... they even had records of my Tasmanian regos, drivers licence, traffic offences and every where I'd lived, worked and just what those jobs entailed ...... forget about the govt being big brother, the world corporations are the real big brother ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:47 pm forget about the govt being big brother, the world corporations are the real big brother ....
T1 Terry
Aren't they one and the same thing, they are both in bed with each other and work together to disenfranchise the people and suppress freedoms. Ar different times I look for my real name on the net and never find it, it's a wonderful feeling to know you're not known.

My post should have said, don't use whatsapp, I use Signal, which is an open source chat app, that's not for profit and community run. It has the highest form of privacy and security of all chat apps, collects no data and uses the highest form of encryption there is, plus you choose who are on your app, not the app.

Agree with you Terry, had a bet with a neighbour of mine who bragged the inter net was safe and wen we searched for his name, he was shocked to find it spread to sites he had never visited.

Whatsapp since being bought by facebook, has slowly been removing security from it and from February, if you don't allow whatsapp to collect and distribute your data, they will block your account and still retain you data and tracking logs forever. That's the same with all these corporate conglomerates you can cancel your social media accounts, but they still keep tracking you as they have collected everything you've done during the time you've had the account.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

There are no “public safety” cameras in Rutherglen.
However, when NSW cops were checking the border crossing, we pulled up and before the cop read our passes, one said, “Mr Nolan, could you show your pass to the officer on your side. I’ll check your wife’s.” (SWMBO was driving.)
Number plate recognition camera on the copcar. Less than 30 seconds to identify us from the car rego.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Don't worry Ray, the public safety camera network will get to your area one day. Most big towns have a network of them already. If you are a law abiding citizen, as most of us are, then you don't have too much to worry about. There is an ever increasing network of them on the GC. We are even lucky enough to get portable ones in the parks and near the popular boat ramps. Not really sure if they actually prevent crime, but are certainly used to solve it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

They have a lot of portable ones here. Mounted on a big concrete block that you can't push over, solar panel, couple of cameras and an aerial. Simples.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Glad I live in Tas, rare to see a street camera, but lots of home camera's.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:58 am Glad I live in Tas, rare to see a street camera, but lots of home camera's.
You wouldn't feel so anonymous if you knew just how much they can see from the satellites, the resolution these days is astounding ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Google earth has a great shot of mannum workshop [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk