Big brother

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Big brother

Post by T1 Terry »

Coolabah1au wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:43 am Google earth has a great shot of mannum workshop [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very old photo Wayne. I have been shown a photo of a 5th wheeler dumping grey water parked between the workshop and fence, it was so clear you could see the individual bits of gravel .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Re: Big brother

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:41 am
native pepper wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:58 am Glad I live in Tas, rare to see a street camera, but lots of home camera's.
You wouldn't feel so anonymous if you knew just how much they can see from the satellites, the resolution these days is astounding ......

T1 Terry

Yep they can count the stripes on an ants back, but in-ground homes are easy to camouflage and people looking for us on google earth always have extreme problems finding the houses, or our gate when they visit as it looks like part of the fence. Street camera's in Tas are extremely rare, we mainly have parking and traffic light camera's. We have a few fixed speed cameras around the state, but they are all disconnected, to expensive to run been told.

One of our locals brother works for the government and is in control of the camera and lane lights on the hobart bridge and it's him who told us the fixed cameras are not connected, because they are all wifi and they don't have the capacity to run them. You can see that reality when driving on the eastern highway, they have speed cameras set up but everyone drives at 120+kph, 10kphs over the speed limit because they are aware they are just for show and so the pollies can brag about what they've done. Which is nothing of use to Tas for the future.