Air Fryer

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

Air Fryer

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. As I will have to look after myself again for a while ( Faye has another 5 weeks of radiotherapy treatment ) I was wondering if an air fryer would be good as I hate heating up the oven to cook some carrots/potatoes/pumpkin etc. (Hate steamed veg.) Is the more you pay the better they are or something from Aldi/Woolies OK. Cheers John PS. I am definitely no cook a my good wife has looked after me very well.
Riverlander

Re: Air Fryer

Post by Riverlander »

Had a few fish and chips and been to the club for a meal but do not like looking for a piece of tomato amongst all the rocket. Thought it may be a bit more healthy if I could run a few vegs. through the air fryer and cook a steak on the BBQ. Cheers
Dot

Post by Dot »

You can borrow mine if you like. I can drop it into #1 son's.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

John, we have one that came from K Mart, cost about $80.
We use it for heating stuff. Found the secret to success is to preheat it for about 3 mins prior to cooking something. I keep telling myself that i will cook something from scratch in it one day.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Maybe you could bake the veggies in an electric frypan ?
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

20180114_1681.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

We have a Phillips XXL and a Kogan 40ltr? that is a bit bigger and less than half the cost. The Phillips is brilliant, but didnt take too well to sailing off the bench and onto the floor then rolling down the stairwell in the Hino ... still goes but the cracks in the body sort of detract from its stylish finish :roll: The Kongan unit fits a full size chook and a full size pork roast, but you do need to turn it 180* about halfway through. Cooks spuds carrots, sweet potato, onions and parsnip brilliantly, the fish and hand cut chips require a shake and the fish turned over half way through, but that could be because we put them on oven baking paper to save having the clean the thing afterwards .... It can cook sausages, steak and chops, but they really come out better in the griddle frying pan, the air fryer dries them out too much. Cooks great apple or apricot crumble and does the top half of the omelette brilliant, after I removed the handle so it would fit in the basket ... first half on the stove top till its sort of set, put the tomato slices on, 5 mins in the airfryer, maybe 10 mins if the stove top cooking was cut short by the TV ads ending or so the egg part is brown, then sprinkle grated cheese over the lot and another 10 mins or until brown to the preferred colour
Great for quick lazy cooking, it dings when the time runs out so Margaret hears it and passes the message on, turn the stuff and set it off for another 10 mins .... job done, if it doesn't look quite brown enough, another 10 mins, so fits the ad breaks quite well :lol:
I don't think we have used the oven in the last 12 mths, maybe longer
Buy a proper one with the electric element up on the top of the inside bit, the light bulb and glass dish ones do work well though, but the ones with a light and a tumble basket ..... you will be starving hungry by the time it gets the chicken wings cooked .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Must try one day 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I shall do some research and might get one.
Cheers John
Dot

Post by Dot »

Riverlander wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:34 pm Hi. Thanks for the replies. I shall do some research and might get one.
Cheers John
Try before you buy, just yell out.