Drivers licence

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
jon_d

Re: Drivers licence

Post by jon_d »

Bernie,

maybe:
buy a cheap 2nd hand computer that you can use on the sites you don't trust.

go to a library and use theirs.

stay at home and wait for the post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I won't be in qld Jon .
Bernie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bernie, next time you head into the big smoke or even Biggenden go and see the people at Qld Transport. I'm sure that they will be able to help you.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No such thing in Biggenden David .
Bernie.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Bernie. I don't know what Qld Transport do but if you contact one of their customer services centres either by phone or e mail you will at least know what their policy is either good or not so good. It would be good to know. My birthday is July which is prime motorhome travelling time. A few years back I renewed mine 3 months early without any hassle in Qld as we would be away motorhoming interstate.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

BernieQ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 pm That's the same as Bruce put up Jon.
I won't use my computer on a government web site .
There must be away of doing it for those who don't have computers...before you say they don't exist my community of 46 I'm a minority having a computer
Thanks.
Bernie.
I don't understand why, if you won't avail yourself of the procedure that is available to yourself or any other person in your position, you would expect that someone here can come up with a magical answer for you. :)
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Peter but because its photo time for my licence and will be out of Qld for up to 10 months before its due I cant do it early same with Carol .
Not after a magic any thing Steve just seeing if others have had the same and if there was a easy fix .
I use my computer the way I want to . One of the freedoms the Gov cant stop .
And of cause I will be going to a main roads department to find out...200K round trip for me so it will only be done next time we go to the "big smoke"
Might be just as easy to change my licence to the state I will be in when it happens ?
Bernie .
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Bernie, unless you are using a linux computer system, the government and everyone else including all sites you visit, has access to all your data and takes it as they wish. You are probably safer at an Aus government site than any other site, it's the government site that is unsafe because they use windows and not you visiting it, even using windows. Linux is the only safe computing system there is and now powers all the 500 worlds super computers, it's called real freedom. Microsoft takes all your data and distributes it for money to retailers and commercial interests, linux takes nothing and protects you from hackers and scams. Plus with linux, you have a state of the art computer, not one based in the last century.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Bernie,

If you read the link, which you won't, it explains how to renew your licence (with photo) while out of state.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Just did my medical for my licence [due in March] at Port Macquarie no problems.

PeterH
PeterH