Drivers licence

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
BernieQ2

Re: Drivers licence

Post by BernieQ2 »

As you know Jon I don't open links don't have a lot of data on computer .
Peter NSW isn't QLD that black line on the map is the problem...
Thanks blokes .
Bernie .
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

native pepper wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 am Bernie, unless you are using a linux computer system, the government and everyone else including all sites you visit, has access to all your data and takes it as they wish. You are probably safer at an Aus government site than any other site, it's the government site that is unsafe because they use windows and not you visiting it, even using windows. Linux is the only safe computing system there is and now powers all the 500 worlds super computers, it's called real freedom. Microsoft takes all your data and distributes it for money to retailers and commercial interests, linux takes nothing and protects you from hackers and scams. Plus with linux, you have a state of the art computer, not one based in the last century.
I don'think scare mongering is going to help Bernie out of his problem - it is scaremongers that cause concern for people with limited understanding of how things work . The Government, nor any other site, does not have access to all your data. As for personal information, the Government already has everything that you might enter into their particular website.

The person who can access all data on your computer is likely to be someone in your house. Otherwise, it will be a highly capable hacking agency with the time and money - and the need - to spend on hacking the Bernies of the world. My guess is that Bernie doesn't fall into that category. Besides, the FBI or CIA or KGB, etc., will fall asleep waiting for Bernie to turn on his computer. :)
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hi Bernie,
Yearly mechanical can be done interstate now. It never use to be which is one reason I changed mine to Vic. Also my licence I changed to Vic. They changed my licence over when I changed the registration and any time left on my licence went automatically to my new Vic licence. I recall I had about three years left on my QLD licence so they simply gave my at no cost a Vic licence for three years. In Vic you can renew your licence online and only requires a new pic after 17 years (from memory). So if you can change over to Vic do it. It's cheaper and less hassle.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Craig could be worth looking into (change of state rego and licence). I think its every 5 years for the photo in QLD .
I haven't had dealing with any Gov department except to get on the pension since 1999 just the way I like it .
My licence has never had my "normal" face on it I grow a full bead just for the pic . Then shave it off , does that tell you what I think of Governments .
Bernie .

Some info has been edited to 'cool it'.
Not commenting further .....
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

This message has been deleted by Admin.
Cool it please!!
Craig

Post by Craig »

When I contacted them I had to make an appointment for the change of registration. They didn't need to see any of my vehicles except for the trailer. They ran a tape measure over it and confirmed the compliance plate. Also at the same time of making the appointment make one to change your licence. If you don't you may have to come back another day for that. Very efficient and didn't cost anything as all vehicles were already registered in my name in Qld.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Bernie,

have you considered asking a mate to print the forms and instructions out for you and then doing everything?

The out of state process is all by post; you just need to get the forms..... maybe ask the rego people to post them to you in advance?????

Or go to your local library and use their computer.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Jon , it's the photo that's the problem .
Can't do it early haven't grown the bead yet haha.
I have a couple of options in the making .
It's crazy I have a national heavy vehicle combination license should be able do it anywhere in Australia
Bernie .
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Another thing that has popped up , how do we get around the medical script's while away from home ?
I sorta half remember some one saying there is some sort of code one can say...?
Bernie .
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Do you mean to see the Doctor for him to write the script or do you mean to get one filled out at a chemist?
BruceS
Mannum, SA