Is this for real (SA of course)

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
native pepper

Re: Is this for real (SA of course)

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:34 am
vik351 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 am
T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 am Doesn't say heavy vehicle on your licence plates so the motorhome is not registered as a heavy vehicle ... so none of the triangle stuff applies. The whole rules regarding triangle placement are part of the licence upgrade from car to heavy vehicle licence.

So this list of offences, did you just look them up or did you actually get them in the mail?

T1 Terry
My bomb came with Heavy Vehicle plates... Then I got those personal plates, I wondered about that... ,cos it's a heavy vehicle if personal plates would still say heavy vehicle... on the plates...???

Another loop hole I spose, now I will get pulled over for random weight checks I spose, but drive past the weigh bridges ...??? :P :| :roll:

vik...

PS I looked em up ...
Someone screwed up I'm guessing, either should have Heavy Vehicle stamped on the plates or you can't get personalised plates for heavy vehicles .... I think the second on applies in NSW.
Do you have an LR or MR licence Vik?
Have personalised plates on my 12t bus and no heavy vehicle stamped on them. Same with my tip truck, no heavy vehicle stamped on the plates and my licence is an Australian heavy vehicle licence, MC.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

We will need border passes soon, QLD will start driving on the other side of the road soon to get over all the imported Mustangs and left hand drive bombs there that cant be driven...

vik... What a country...??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

native pepper wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:43 pm
Have personalised plates on my 12t bus and no heavy vehicle stamped on them. Same with my tip truck, no heavy vehicle stamped on the plates and my licence is an Australian heavy vehicle licence, MC.
I think only SA has the Heavy Vehicle stamped in the rego plate, can't remember seeing in other states. All heavy vehicle licences are now National but still have the state of issue as part of the licence, can't miss out on that revenue stream eh :roll: The whole reason for the national heavy vehicle licence was to stop the practice of holding a licence in each state and always driving on a licence from a different state to the one you were driving in at the time. It was a rather nasty blow when they linked the states rego and licence search thing that Police have access to, wrecked a system that was working just fine :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
bob r

Post by bob r »

T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm
I think only SA has the Heavy Vehicle stamped in the rego plate, can't remember seeing in other states. All heavy vehicle licences are now National but still have the state of issue as part of the licence, can't miss out on that revenue stream eh :roll: The whole reason for the national heavy vehicle licence was to stop the practice of holding a licence in each state and always driving on a licence from a different state to the one you were driving in at the time. It was a rather nasty blow when they linked the states rego and licence search thing that Police have access to, wrecked a system that was working just fine :lol:

Do you mean more than one license and log book......never heard of it. :shock: :shock:

Bob
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

bob r wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:35 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Do you mean more than one license and log book......never heard of it. :shock: :shock:

Bob
You missed the ;) and 8-) Remembering the licence name was a tough one at times as well :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

WA allows personal plates, we have 7tonne tare, and 9 as an max vehicle weight...(roughly)
I have the HR as well as unrestricted bike..wife has MC..only two triangles carried...
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

I have Qld personal plates on Wilbor 2, 10 tonne GVM. The requirements for safety triangles are for heavy vehicle over 12 tonne GVM, I don’t carry them
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too